Ren36

Guide: Errors, installing, game-crash, delay

Ren36   

Sometimes the Launcher also fails if files are missing. Like mine did. Installing the BnS Client it launched and updated without a problem, then typing in my Login data it immediately crashed without telling me anything except for Windows all mighty "the Program stopped working. One Module of the program stopped working, looking for a solution" and of course it does not find any solution for it.

I looked into my Eventmanager in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit and saw the following:

(had to translate it because the original is written in german ^^)

Name of the faulty Program: ncLauncherR.exe, Version: 3.1.0.2, Zeitstempel: 0x561ccf96

Name des faulty Module: ASProxy.dll, Version: 2.3.6.3, Zeitstempel: 0x55dda86d

errorcode: 0xc0000417

erroroffset: 0x000306f6

ID des faulty Process: 0x2d08

Starttime of the faulty progam: 0x01d10814c368e90e

Path of the Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\ncLauncherR.exe

Path of the Module: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ASProxy.dll

ReportID: 10c8404a-b238-4644-8d3f-98c1c6dfbe40

This file of the missing or faulty Module is from an Astrill VPN service that i sometimes use. Somehow the .dll in the System32 folder got missing/deleted but it was still existing inside the SystemWoW64 folder. So i copy/pasted it into the System 32 one and it solved this problem for me.

So maybe if your client Crashes too without showing any Errorcode or anything, you might want to check your Eventmanager for Windows Protocols/Programs.

But if there is really a File missing like it was with mine, do not go out in the internet and try downloading it from any Source that offers a download of that specific file. You can of course search for the file and see which program belongs to it and then probably install that Program again or something, but do not download any single file from the net, especially no .dll files. Most of them will contain Viruses or other junk that wants to bit you in your bum

Thank you I´ll add this.

Can´t believe that these errors won´t die out.

Ren36   

any one have error 4049? or does anyone know how to fix it?

Try the steps written under Error 3xxx, 4xxx.

I derived them from how I solved the problem 4049.

I cant login to my NCsoft Launcher ...

Here is a screenshot of my launcher : https://gyazo.com/c62857636cf06da98102fd09dc5392fe

I press ONE letter .. and this happens : https://gyazo.com/54a4444125703df60ffb59ca3677c02d

It freezes and gives me a little white bar in the top left corner of my screen .. .. I press yet another letter to see if it working .. it just shuts down ..

Ive tried all the general stuff , reinstalling windows visuals 2005,2008, .. nothing works .. firewall off doesnt work .. uninstalled my malware things .. doesnt work ... this game worked last alpha test ... now it doesnt .. what. the F happend to the launcher ? :S

... when i click on the frozen launcher all i get is this : https://gyazo.com/e9d5ce3e03c56cf1f8aea1d6a93cb2c2

G G blade and soul GG

<--- Hickjonas

Edited by Hickjonas

How am i suppose do uninstall gameguard when i dont even have blade and soul installed ? i cant get past the launcher .. it freezes me so i cant install anything .

EDIT : i dont have gameguard installed even..

Edited by Hickjonas

Rikku   

Im basically up to this point where I have tried every last thing.. all of the listed suggestions and fixes that was placed in the forum, I have done over and over, de/reinstalled BnS, turned off firewall, added to trust and the repair tool. All of Friday and now majority of my Saturday morning has been attempt after attempt and its been failure one after another because of the same error code which is e03008. I've given hours to try and fix this and nothing comes to mind and this is angering me cause I spent on a founder's pack and this problem is preventing me from helping with what I enjoy doing, not to mention that this problem my consistently bug me even during the launch on Oct. 30th..

When I do try the Client.exe to see the problem, I get the message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Im not sure if this is something on my part or is this something that will be fixed in later patches, but I am out of options and I hate I spend money on something I can't help give feedback or see problems to make better changes in later update patches

Ren36,

I had an issue with launcher disappeared after entering my log-in info and hit enter.  The launcher would just go POOF!! and nothing would happen.  I tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that you suggested.  Except........to change the time on the clock of my computer.  I didn't change it thinking that (I'm in San Diego, California) my time is correct, since it is on auto update.  I was diagnosing this issue since 8:00 am to about 11:30 am.  I tried everything possible that I have been reading from this page and bladeandsouldojo and yet to fix it.  Finally, I thought, what do I got to lose? So i change the time from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, just to make it pass the afternoon. And now I am downloading the game.........

Thanks, Ren!!

Gaaahhhh!! I take that back. Its back to square one again  <_<

Edited by Thaitanium

Ren36   

How am i suppose do uninstall gameguard when i dont even have blade and soul installed ? i cant get past the launcher .. it freezes me so i cant install anything .

EDIT : i dont have gameguard installed even..

He means the GameGuard Folder under NCSOFT\BnS CBT\bin delete the folder

Edited by Ren36

Kenrou   

Try creating another user on your pc with admin rights and install BnS on that one

Yeah that works but she says if she makes that user the admin it will mess up the current one lol

Ren36   

Im basically up to this point where I have tried every last thing.. all of the listed suggestions and fixes that was placed in the forum, I have done over and over, de/reinstalled BnS, turned off firewall, added to trust and the repair tool. All of Friday and now majority of my Saturday morning has been attempt after attempt and its been failure one after another because of the same error code which is e03008. I've given hours to try and fix this and nothing comes to mind and this is angering me cause I spent on a founder's pack and this problem is preventing me from helping with what I enjoy doing, not to mention that this problem my consistently bug me even during the launch on Oct. 30th..

When I do try the Client.exe to see the problem, I get the message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Im not sure if this is something on my part or is this something that will be fixed in later patches, but I am out of options and I hate I spend money on something I can't help give feedback or see problems to make better changes in later update patches

Sorry to hear that.

You´re right, it´s possible that these problems might still occur during the CBT.

In other words this is the only time we have to find solutions, in case of such errors.

That´s why I´m trying to find and collect solutions, so that everyone can enjoy this game.

As for your error message "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

This usually happens due to incorrect C++ runtime components.

Try installing:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

Microsoft

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84

Microsoft

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd512d9e-43c8-4655-81bf-9350143d5867

I´ll add this to possible solutions

Found another solution:

http://codeketchup.blogspot.de/2012/07/how-to-correct-side-by-side.html

Edited by Ren36

Ren36   

Yeah that works but she says if she makes that user the admin it will mess up the current one lol

I think this message is due to security reasons.

Because if two admins exist on one system, everyone of them can temper with the system, how they like.

But you can post a visual, to be sure

Edited by Ren36

Ren36   

Ren36,

I had an issue with launcher disappeared after entering my log-in info and hit enter.  The launcher would just go POOF!! and nothing would happen.  I tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that you suggested.  Except........to change the time on the clock of my computer.  I didn't change it thinking that (I'm in San Diego, California) my time is correct, since it is on auto update.  I was diagnosing this issue since 8:00 am to about 11:30 am.  I tried everything possible that I have been reading from this page and bladeandsouldojo and yet to fix it.  Finally, I thought, what do I got to lose? So i change the time from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, just to make it pass the afternoon. And now I am downloading the game.........

Thanks, Ren!!

Gaaahhhh!! I take that back. Its back to square one again  <_<

Did you try running the launcher(-installation) as admin?

Edit: It´s possible that your anti-virus program makes problems.

Go to "If nothing works"

Edited by Ren36

Thank you I´ll add this.

Can´t believe that these errors won´t die out.

thanks for liking this and adding it,

Though i want to say that this also counts as an example.

For me it was because of the Asproxy.dll file missing for others there is maybe some other file missing due to whatever reason.

Best way is to check that with the Event Manager because it should tell you why an application crashes and what file is probably missing or failing.

Ren36   

You´re right.
Even Manager is probably one of the best ways to find the cause.
I´ve added a video "How to use it". Again many thanks.

Rikku   

Thank you Ren for the helping advice. I wish it would have worked but it didn't, I even restarted the PC after the installations were done but it still gives me the error code and that annoying side-by-side config error. I just hope that I can have this problem taken care of by the time the 30th gets here. If you or anyone else have anymore suggestions, Im willing to go with them.

Ren36   

Thank you Ren for the helping advice. I wish it would have worked but it didn't, I even restarted the PC after the installations were done but it still gives me the error code and that annoying side-by-side config error. I just hope that I can have this problem taken care of by the time the 30th gets here. If you or anyone else have anymore suggestions, Im willing to go with them.

I´ve updated it, but maybe you didn´t see it yet. Try out event manager, it may help you.

Under "If nothing works" or top of my guide.

Sofa   

I keep getting this error pop up and launcher would always verified the game file every time I start it. Any solution?

qHj9bmR.png 

Thats a meesage you can pretty much ignore Sofa. The Script error there is just because of the picture loading of the launcher. And for Verifying the File at each start, thats a thing every launcher does. Don't ask me why but it does that for me too.

If the verification process is slow just set up a exception in your anti virus program for the BnS folder so that it ignores this folder, that should speed up that process by 100% (because when the launcher does this the Antivirus tests the files too, slowing that verification down)

Sofa   

Thats a meesage you can pretty much ignore Sofa. The Script error there is just because of the picture loading of the launcher. And for Verifying the File at each start, thats a thing every launcher does. Don't ask me why but it does that for me too.

If the verification process is slow just set up a exception in your anti virus program for the BnS folder so that it ignores this folder, that should speed up that process by 100% (because when the launcher does this the Antivirus tests the files too, slowing that verification down)

Ah I see. I thought I was the only one who was getting the file verification lol.

Khaine   

Ok, so I had the 03023 Error and tried the fix you listed here. I got the NC Launcher to run, and the only option I have is North America. Will I be able to play on EU servers with this (I believe the third CBT will have an EU server), or will I need to later download and install another launcher to play on EU?