Oracle

Show Off Your Characters! (Screenshots)

I was making a comic long ago on a different server, but I scratched the idea and was left with these few screenshots. I'm a Lyn lover, don't mind me.

Pic spam!

1_zps6zvfrex1.png

2_zpsnapmojcu.png

3_zpssl0tfknm.png

5_zpsehllfo1j.png

6_zpsaqavo0uy.png

7_zpswchvrn7m.png

8_zpsxrxtnmmu.png

10_zpsly2dm8oi.png

And here is my current character. First I made a BD, but then switched to FM with the same look for my Lyn.

Screenshot_151125_011_zpslet27tdy.png

Screenshot_151127_002_zpskldby5jk.png

Screenshot_151129_003_zpsv1vuwwop.png

All of them are amazing. Wow. I need to go make some new lyn in tw to test out, I feel inspired.

Lifesong   

Me too! I have never roleplayed before, but I like to add stories to my characters. It's hard not to think about it, especially when you are the type of person with wide imagination. It brings some kind of satisfaction and fun, too.

~

Not to be too off-topic, here's one of my female Lyns. I actually forgot to save her appearance. I suck.

No fancy Photoshop this time.

Screenshot_151115_000_zps0tsotbza.jpg

If you haven't deleted the character and have access to the next beta you can save the character from the screenshot menu inside the game. Just open it up and hit the save appearance button. Good luck! It would be a shame to lose such a cute Lyn.

Really liked this character, but with such limited character slots I don't think I'll have space for her (and even if there was I think there's exactly one levelling path, so that's going to become boring very fast anyway):

tumblr_nyigjs9vlO1uwwv9ko6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nydfo8n7uI1uwwv9ko2_500.jpg

tumblr_nxwyf0Enmy1uwwv9ko3_1280.jpg

Jem   

I re-did my KFM and I think I like her better with short hair, lmao.

l7O2rmE.jpg

I re-did my KFM and I think I like her better with short hair, lmao.

l7O2rmE.jpg

oh wow, which outfit is that, it's really hot :3

Jem   

oh wow, which outfit is that, it's really hot :3

It came out in Taiwan, I think. 1st year Anniversary.

151205_000.jpg

151205_020.jpg

Edited by Xandra

Negaimu   

I relate to this character the most. I think of her as myself in bns  both aesthetically & personality (>‿<)

1df25dce56.jpg

2dca924a46.jpg

820fdac021.jpg

c9fef3f98a.jpg

ヾ(@ °ω °@)

There are other characters i have worked on with friends that I might show later. we sometimes collab & pass the file to each other to make the chars super unique!

I don't know if some of you males and females realize that the makeup you place on your characters makes them look like a circus clown. Honestly, if some of you males painting your female avatars ever do cross dressing or suddenly identify as a woman, know your makeup skills are complete garbage; and if you're a woman you need some serious lessons on painting faces. Please get help, professional or otherwise because you're committing crimes against my eyes, and have no sense for aesthetics.

Edited by Artigan Schezar

Jem   

I don't know if some of you males and females realize that the makeup you place on your characters makes them look like a circus clown. Honestly, if some of you males painting your female avatars ever do cross dressing or suddenly identify as a woman, know your makeup skills are complete garbage; and if you're a woman you need some serious lessons on painting faces. Please get help, professional or otherwise because you're committing crimes against my eyes, and have no sense for aesthetics.

LOL

Naomne   

@Artigan Schezar: Too preachy...  :angry:

Explain me to do that ? 
And can i see your characters ?  :lol:

Naunet   

While most characters in this thread are really not my cup of tea... this kind of meanness is not necessary.

Dolan   

So, basically your sense of aesthetics is better than everyone else's?

"YOUR AESTHETICS SUCK, GET HELP" is basically what your post means.

Lifesong   

Hey now, circus clowns have feelings too! Maybe I want to look like one? >_>

Any value in you're point would probably come through a lot stronger if you were to show your own characters and give some actual pointers. I'm willing to bet most of the guys here legitimately have about as much experience with makeup as a 12 year old girl trying it on for the first time. I think there is a good chance tips would be appreciated. That is, if you actually have any to give. ;P

Edited by Lifesong

CycLee   

Well, he has a point - i see way to many characters in the game that just look like a cheap hooker. But if that really is the taste of the player.. well... you just have to accept it.

Makeup at all should never be dominant unless it's used to distract from serious flaws(therefore a dominant makeup subconciously implies that there are massive flaws). A good makeup does it's job without being noticed.

Naunet   

Makeup at all should never be dominant unless it's used to distract from serious flaws(therefore a dominant makeup subconciously implies that there are massive flaws). A good makeup does it's job without being noticed.

Nah. Makeup doesn't just have to be about "concealing". That's why there are so many possible colors of eye shadow and liner and lipstick and whatnot. Sometimes the focus of a look is to really draw attention to a particular flash of color around the eyes or whatever.

Lifesong   

Well, he has a point - i see way to many characters in the game that just look like a cheap hooker. But if that really is the taste of the player.. well... you just have to accept it.

Do you really spend time looking at cheap hookers? >_> I kid, I get what you mean. I think I understand your preference and the basic theory behind using make up to conceal "flaws", but it can also be used as decoration just like clothing or anything else you can put on your body. There is also the fact that characters in this game have perfect skin unless you put something on it. If you do give your character some kind of facial mark the makeup options don't conceal it at all. It seems to me that the complexion options do more for concealing the parts of a character's face you don't want to emphasize than makeup does anyway.

One of the characters I designed has very little makeup and a scar on her face. She is a few pages back if you want to see her. Actually I'll just go ahead and post there image here. I went light on the makeup. I considered using none at all because it fit the image I had in mind for the character, but ultimately I liked the makeup look better so I went with that instead. If you want to give pointers on how you would change her makeup feel free to use her as an example.

bfDweHl.jpg?1

Instead of covering the scar on her cheek, the makeup actually draws more attention to it I think. If I turn blush on at all that is what seems to happen. Since the game is down right now I can't show you what she looks like without any makeup. I've been considering turning her blush off entirely, but the implications of putting on makeup and avoiding the scar amused me more than that it probably should have... Like she put it on so that a friend would stop pestering her with beauty tips instead of any sense of shame about the scar. It something that works in my head with a Gon force master. I've seen players talking about how ungraceful and rare they are in game on few occasions. That is part of why I made one.

It's kind of hard to use scars in general I think. Hair grows over them and makeup ignores them. The image I had in mind for this character is that she is proud of her battle wounds and has no desire to hide them. Maybe I should turn the blush off entirely? What do you think? (you won't hurt my feelings even if you tell me she is ugly so go for it.)

I thought this was a show off your character thread...not a my aesthetics is better than yours thread. Anyways good job on all the interesting characters...keep posting.

Krissey   

I thought this was a show off your character thread...not a my aesthetics is better than yours thread. Anyways good job on all the interesting characters...keep posting.

Yeah but my characters were so good they deserved their entire own thread away from all this rabble :^) Kappa

Edited by Krissey

Lifesong   

Absolutely, but if we are going to discuss aesthetics there is no reason we can't have a positive attitude about it right? Honestly, I think it's part of fun to exchange tips and explain why characters look the way they do.

Teisho   

People will say that you're being mean but I think you do have a point.

I'm really not into the vast majority of what I've seen in this thread. I prefer characters that look more natural -- like human beings, rather than freak shows.