Sign in to follow this  
Ocypode

Installing the game and Microsoft visual C++

Ocypode   

So the installer wants you to automatically install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (x86) 

I've tried to uninstall it first and then run the installation - This doesn't work

I've also tried to install one from microsoft.com and then run the installation - This also doesn't work

I'm kinda out of ideas I have no idea what to do, the installer just keeps giving the error - "A requirement of Blade & Soul Closed Beta Test failed to install. Setup will now exit."

Also weird it's saying Closed Beta even though this is Tech Alpha. But the problem could be with that C++ I don't know.

EDIT: So I just uninstalled the old Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 I had on my computer and rebooted, then the installation started normally. (Thanks Bug)

Edited by Ocypode

bug   

Someone else had this issue and a restart fixed it. Tried that?

Ocypode   

EDIT: So I just uninstalled the old Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 I had on my computer and rebooted, then the installation started normally. (Thanks Bug)

bug   

Try uninstalling all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, rebooting. Then run the installer as administrator. If that doesn't work try installing it from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387 and then try the installer again. Do you have any antivirus programs running that could be giving you issues?

Good luck!

Edit: Looks like you got it! :D

Edited by bug

Sign in to follow this