Sign in to follow this  
Taybat

Game won't launch.WinLicense?

Taybat   

tumblr_nw397p0IqJ1qlnqjfo1_1280.png

Took forever to get downloaded. Had to turn off my virus protection to get it to work. And then I get this. I'm assuming it's some program that runs on my computer. Thought it was Iobit Malware but even when I put the game in "exeptions" This still popped up.

I would like to figure out this issue soon,so I can actually get in alpha this weekend.

Help?

This is probably GameGuard not liking the fact that WinLicense (which, in my opinion is WAY too intrusive for a license system) does some fun things that GameGuard doesn't like. My guess would be that GameGuard is attempting to add a hook somewhere, likely in order to prevent hacks from adding their own hooks, but WinLicense may be preventing those hooks from being put in place.

Basically my guess is that they aren't likely to get along very nice with each other due simply to the nature of the two pieces of software. Unless it's possible to temporarily disable the kernel part of WinLicense (not likely), or else if WinLicense is updated to only effect the software it's actually protecting, rather than the entire system (which it actually has to do in order to do what it is intended to do), then I don't see GameGuard and WinLicense getting along very well. It's possible that there's a simple workaround, but my moderately informed guess would claim they may never get along without a lot of work on the part of both pieces of software.

Sign in to follow this