Sign in to follow this  
Ren36

Alpha Report (not final)

Ren36   

Gameplay: (150ms from central europe with WTFast)

The gameplay during the alpha was fluent, but I´ve also encountered some minor flaws.
1) Sometimes, while running, my character wasn´t able to overcome small objects, like thresholds or bumps in the ground.
Here are the ones I´ve found.
http://imgur.com/a/jLeQ2
2)The entrace of some tents were a little too slim for me. I got stuck sometimes.
GNtMWQ0.jpg
3)I thought that it would be more convenient, if the storage keeper would have an additional button/window just to "Sell" stuff to him, like a merchant, to clean out the storage.
Instead of exiting the window to discard stuff or running to the next npc to to sell it.
eu5C5YV.jpg
4) I got Warlock weapons from monsters, a class that wasn´t introduced in the west, yet.
5)Sometimes party members were swimming in the ground or floating above the ground, but I don´t know the reason why.
http://imgur.com/a/cv1kY
6) AI- // Quest-Helper got stuck behind a wall and died on the staircase
8cPkwLC.jpg
7) AI could be a little more lifelike/realistic, for example Enemy-NPCs could meet up, greet each with a handshake or small-talk and then proceed to go in pairs. It would also increase the difficulty to approach them.
8) Can´t escape/leave "F8" in a party if the leader doesn´t cancel(without exiting the game)
laYKtX0.jpg
9)Please move the level info under F4 a little to the left, so that the number is still visible, when hovering above the name
mbMCZkj.jpg
10)Sometimes the friendlist vanished, when I logged in.
N0lOrPz.jpg
11) Even though the Crimson faction was full, I was still able to join it.
Question:  How will NCSoft prevent one faction from being overpowered? Because if the system just compares/counts the number of faction members to even them out, it could be easily manipulated with fake accounts, since the entry into a faction is very early in the game.
It would also disregard the number of people, who actively participate in open world pvp or have one account with multiple characters, which joined the same faction, to team up with their guild. Thus increasing the percentage of members/characters in one faction, but only leaving one active playable character per account, who actually participates in open world pvp.
Would you mind explaining to me how Blade&Soul will counter the imbalance?
12) Alpha invite should be a little earlier, that way people, who have a bad download-rate or issues with the client could report or find solutions before the alpha/beta starts
13) Max Survey letters should be increased from 200 to 300 letters
14) Survey rewards are too high
15) Translation killed me alittle inside.

Good things I´ve noticed:
1) I was able to perform several actions while teleporting, without interrupting it(e.g. discard inventory-items,...)
2) Informative loading screens for beginners, but I think that you should add this one, too.
Since many beginners didn´t know this feature and complained to me that the map in the top-right corner was the only one with any information(NPC, stores,...)
f4qo0YE.jpg
3) The way your char is dressed or buffs he has, are implemented into the cutscenes(wind-,thunder-energy, bleeding status,...)
4) Nice soundtracks and appropiate for the situation. I think I heard new ones, too.

Edited by Ren36

I will mention that i bet the survey items will NOT be available after CBT (maybe not even into CBT?) ..

IF they are then they might be a bit over powering in some respects as it leaves no reason to "farm" for some items

we do have to remember some of this stuff I believe was just to "test" the system over all

Xenovia   

about the warlock  items  they  will  be removed  by  CBT or  BY offical  game release  we were told

Kounat   

Lol I've gotta point out one thing that kind of bothers me from what you posted, you said that some entrances were too small and would cause you to get stuck.. you're a Lynn... I can't see this happening since I'm a Gon with the highest settings in all height areas and thickness and I've never had this issue..

Ren36   

Lol I've gotta point out one thing that kind of bothers me from what you posted, you said that some entrances were too small and would cause you to get stuck.. you're a Lynn... I can't see this happening since I'm a Gon with the highest settings in all height areas and thickness and I've never had this issue..

it doesn´t change the fact that it happened. I´ve encountered and tested everything at least twice before I wrote it here.

As for the small entrace; it happened depending on the angle I approached it, while running and walking.

Kounat   

it doesn´t change the fact that it happened. I´ve encountered and tested everything at least twice before I wrote it here.

As for the small entrace; it happened depending on the angle I approached it, while running and walking.

If you crash into a wall or something that's your fault though, these openings are fine but if you hit into something then ofcourse you wont be able to just phase through it lmao

Ren36   

If you crash into a wall or something that's your fault though, these openings are fine but if you hit into something then ofcourse you wont be able to just phase through it lmao

Is there a point in arguing?

Kounat   

Is there a point in arguing?

I'm not arguing with you, sorry if it appeared that way, I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure there's no glitch and the problem is your fault.

Ren36   

I will mention that i bet the survey items will NOT be available after CBT (maybe not even into CBT?) ..

IF they are then they might be a bit over powering in some respects as it leaves no reason to "farm" for some items

we do have to remember some of this stuff I believe was just to "test" the system over all

I think that they´ll reduce the rewards we´ll be given, since it would make the game, like you said, less of a challenge when it´s released.

But I doubt that they´ll remove it entirely.

NCSoft probably intends to let us catch up as soon as possible with Asia, so that we can compete with them.

Because how can you still call it world championship, if only half of the countries, in which the game has been released, participates?

In the end it might boil down to breastfeeding, until we´ve grown strong enough.

Sign in to follow this