Sign in to follow this  
Shy0

Wardrobe and Premium Membership Discussion

Shy0   
 Wardrobe limited to Premium Members

Ø This one was a hard decision and I understand the frustration. It’s a very cool feature and it’s free in other regions but it’s not a necessity; it’s a convenience. As we have said, we are not going the pay-to-win route with our business model, so we need to look at other ways to make money. It is unlikely that it will change, but we’re constantly reading all of your feedback.

taken from this thread.

my thoughts on this:

in the competitive world of games, where there are dozens of (maybe?) viable MMOs and thousands upon thousands of other games for players to choose from, i guess there could be worse things to make "premium only". other games limit dungeon runs, raids, item drops and more to subscribers only (my feeling is they ultimately have niche followings). having the wardrobe as a premium thing might make some players cough the money up, but it might also make some think that BnS is "another" money-grabbing game for putting such a neat feature behind subs.

when i imagine myself having to decide how to make money from BnS, i can sort of feel how difficult it might be. the korean devs might not necessarily create money-making stuff that a "western" audience would spend cash on simply because the asian MMO market and playerbase are really different from ours, so i don't envy nico and team for having to create a business model to suit us. things are so much easier for devs like DE or Hirez or Anet since they make the game themselves, but BnS is "imported".

thing is, having a wardrobe might make some people spend more on costumes because it won't then take up inventory space. and the wardrobe has a neat preview feature that totally beats the clunky shop interface for previewing stuff. also, i've been playing gw2 on and off for 3 years, and the account wardrobe AND bank AND material storage there have really spoilt me. and what happens if a sub expires with loads of doboks in the wardrobe? do they get dumped into the inventory? do they become inaccessible till the ransom is paid sub is renewed?

how about this: give every player a few slots in the character wardrobe (enough for the faction doboks at least), and if we want more, we can rent or buy them as we need (though the best way to get people to spend is probably to have tonnes of affordable, cool and interesting costumes but this requires dev participation).

slightly off-topic: better yet, sell account storage slots for the bank (make the devs do it! JUST... DO IT!), so those who are willing to pay can transfer items between characters easily, and those who aren't can still make a million extra clicks and spend copper to mail stuff. sell a pocket merchant that we can use to get rid of junk! sell a rechargeable repair hammer that charges whenever you kill a boss! sell unlimited gathering tools! make the devs do it! TAKE MY MUNIEEEEE!!!1!1

so.. um.. i guess i don't like the idea too much, of it being a way to make money off us. there are so many other ways to earn our hard-earned cash.

dskilly   

Lol I like this post for its honesty and transparency XD!

But I think what Shy0 mention seemed to be true, the game looks out for both end type of users, free and premium while the middle-class get to suffer the most... hope they take notice and make a system that would also consider the casual spenders even though its gonna be more hard work for the team.

Thanks.

I think it's fine because like Nico mentioned: it's a convenience. If you actually support Blade & Soul West, you get nice benefits in return. If not, then I guess you don't deserve to be treated special imo.

Sign in to follow this