Lily

Cosmetics and character appearance

Lily   

Hello everyone^^, will make this thread for all cosmetic, costumes and character appearance subjects including character creation tools. 

I am so interested about how my character look in games and for mmorpg to get stylish and exotic cosmetic designs you need artists, and that what primarily attracted me for Blade and soul, the art and designs of mister Hyung Tae Kim  which made Blade and soul one of the kind. I love this game and i want to discuss all matters about cosmetics and appearance here. Hope you guys share my thoughts here too with your lovely ideas^^.

Edited by Lily

unkoneo   

I'm also a fan of the aesthetics in Blade & Soul! I really liked Hyung Tae Kim's art and it was one of the first things that got me looking into the game more. Sadly I bellieve he left sometime in early 2014 to start his own company (power to him!) but it was a little bit of a bummer to see him go as he was one of my inspirations to go down the game artist career path.

I really love how all the different races have a subtle theme for their costumes and how much they differ from eachother instead of your standard 'same costume different size' trope. My absolute favourite costume in the game has to be a costume which roughly translates to 'Polyphonic' from Korean. It's stunning on all races and genders and I hope we do see it in B&S NA/EU someday too.

'Polyphonic'/화음/花の陰 costume:

206bb9cd6cb1048b5bed7dee11e658ab.jpg

Mewna   

I want that outfit Q.Q its has to be in NA/EU ! :wub: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

dskilly   

Yeah, one of the aspects that blew me away from the game where aesthetics and the art style of the game, didn't really look up who it was that made them (kind of disrespectful from my part, apologies :P), years ago.

Pretty bummed to know that the artist separated from the company and hope he succeeds in what he does.

Also that outift XD really would like to see it in NA/EU too soon, can't wait!

Lily   

The path will go on and hopefully they may ask mister Kim back if things go very well for BnS in NA and EU communities (that is just my thought though).

As the price of the outfits are concerned, there is a whole thread discussing about it, imo I think they should reduce the price more or keep the prices as it is and make the outfit we buy available for all of our characters we create.

Also about storing the costumes, there should b something like wardrobe to keep all costumes bought from shop there and available to access by all created characters if the costumes will b account bound.

I just want to notify that i am playing Tera since 2013 in march till now, and I am big shopper there, but i am against Game Forge policy in gambling with my money to buy surprise boxes and it was the worst approach of a publisher company to milk money out of players. 

In this thread i hope u guys make other ideas to discuss and present them to BnS team here.

thanks ~.^

Edited by Lily

Finrodi   

If its only for people with premium the game gets more money which means that its less likely to be p2w or get rng boxes. Good in my opinion.

Lily   

I think there should b a personality edit in the character creation, whereby we can edit the type of character like making your character feisty, Lolita or more feminine type. Also we should b able to edit the idle stance and combat stance so not all characters of the same race would have the same stance cuz its really funny when some characters of same race and gender standing nearby and they all act the same.

It would also b so useful if we have more voice types; character creation is the tool where we create and make our avatar or what we really desire the appearance of our character, the more options the closer we get to make our character how we wanted it to b.

Edited by Lily

Xenovia   

I agree  with you their Lily  same  add more functions  to  the  character  edit  would be nice

Lily   

I noticed that the breast slider for the Yun race is not as that of the Gon race, if u use max size for the Yun its like on the setting  zero for the Gon race. The breast slider for the Yun race should be as the Gon for more option to the character look.

Lily   

The method of sending costumes to my other characters through mail is really insecure, cuz I may accidently mistype the name of my character and it will be sent to another player. Thus there should be more secure way to send costumes to my other characters.

Lily   

Guys, you can post your character screenshot with detail of how you created them here too. Also you can show your costume and comment about it.

Edited by Lily

Cor   

I noticed that the breast slider for the Yun race is not as that of the Gon race, if u use max size for the Yun its like on the setting  zero for the Gon race. The breast slider for the Yun race should be as the Gon for more option to the character look.

Obviously it's intended to not be the same if all sliders were the same there would be no difference between races. Yun are not supposed to have huge ass boobs.

The method of sending costumes to my other characters through mail is really insecure, cuz I may accidently mistype the name of my character and it will be sent to another player. Thus there should be more secure way to send costumes to my other characters.

It's already 100% secure, you can't send account bound items to other players...

Freckles   

I've been a fan of Huyng Tae Kim for like 10 years lol <3

Love his art so much, and that's what made me discover BnS actually. :D

Ren36   

Is this a good place to express how much I NEED the Blade and Soul art book? I know one exists, but sadly I can't find it online for purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTRbWZoFUaU

If you´re looking for that you can buy it here.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%82%BD%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AB-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E7%89%88/dp/B00JHXJLVU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396866365&sr=8-5&keywords=%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%82%BD%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AB

It includes the Artbook and several other things:

Client DVD x2

-Starter Guide: Book

-Blade & Soul Artbook

-Blade & Soul OST 1x

-Anime DVD - First Episode Only

Edited by Ren36

Naunet   

Obviously it's intended to not be the same if all sliders were the same there would be no difference between races. Yun are not supposed to have huge ass boobs.

Funny you say that, because with sliders as they are now... they already can have huge ass boobs. @_@ Wish they'd tone it down a little but at least I can shrink them...

@OP: That's a beautiful outfit! I definitely hope it comes to NA!