Sign in to follow this  
Anjon

How does everyone feel about the tiered Premium Membership?

Aquel   

not enough time to read the whole thread, but I'll toss my cents in and I apologize if it has already been discussed.

I'd rather switch to veteran rewards for accumulated sub time.  Aion vet rewards were great until they got rid of them.  Give us a special skin for X amount of months subbed or give us whatever ( as long as it is not game breaking ) I don't at all expect items that would give a power advantage that cannot be obtained elsewhere.  

I do like the bonuses that are provided, but the tier system isn't too enticing to me.

Meliodas   

To start of, I'm fine with the amount needed for each tier.

However the fact that it has tiers, feels a little bit off to me.

On one side, they reward you for spending. On the other side, you actually need to buy a premium membership to make use of that "reward".

If you buy a premium membership, you should just get the whole package.

Rewarding for spending, should be separate from it.

Anjon   

Then what can they offer spenders who want to do 1000$++?

Why would they be offered anything beyond what you can hypothetically get with the Master Pack's $125? A f2p game isn't a crowdfund campaign. There doesn't have to be exceedingly more extravagant rewards just because someone wants to pay more money, and the moment publishers begin to think that way is the moment they lose everyone who isn't willing to put thousands of dollars into their game. People are already having second thoughts over the money they've put in so far. To imply that the only thing "Master Pack" grants is just a taste of the full Premium experience, but isn't really substantial unless they sacrifice more money, is rather underhanded.

Why would they be offered anything beyond what you can hypothetically get with the Master Pack's $125? A f2p game isn't a crowdfund campaign. There doesn't have to be exceedingly more extravagant rewards just because someone wants to pay more money, and the moment publishers begin to think that way is the moment they lose everyone who isn't willing to put thousands of dollars into their game. People are already having second thoughts over the money they've put in so far. To imply that the only thing "Master Pack" grants is just a taste of the full Premium experience, but isn't really substantial unless they sacrifice more money, is rather underhanded.

It is about giving all your customers options, as long as the expensive things are unnecessary what is the problem? As an example I would never consider a highly priced costume to be ok, because many want to collect these, so putting one at an unreachable amount for most is stupid.

But letting big spenders level up a bit quicker, pay a little less cost for stuff than medium/small spenders? Why not include that for them? Again, there is absolutely NO need for a rank 5 to have the increased benefits of rank10, as far as actual benefits go they will be fine with rank 5, but providing the very expensive max tiers (e.g. 9/10) for big spenders lets the developers get that money without causing any problems for rest of the player base.

More money to the developer without causing trouble for anyone is beneficial for the game.

Shiro   
But letting big spenders level up a bit quicker, pay a little less cost for stuff than medium/small spenders?

They will also get more gold from dailies and less fees on broker, which are the 2 main ways to get gold at end game. Reason people think premium is only about leveling up is because they didn't experience end game on other BnS servers (I assume), so they don't even know what are the real good perks of premium, and it's not XP increase

They will also get more gold from dailies and less fees on broker, which are the 2 main ways to get gold at end game. Reason people think premium is only about leveling up is because they didn't experience end game on other BnS servers (I assume), so they don't even know what are the real good perks of premium, and it's not XP increase

Thing is the different ranks alleready give increased gold from dailies and less fees on broker to varying degree, if it is an issue that a big spender got a bit more than a medium one, then medium to low and free vs premium are issues to be raised as well, meaning all tiers would need to be reconsidered.

However if those other ones are ok then there should not be an issue with putting the highest ranks on a bigger price.

Rouge   

costs too much to rank up.

I think master founders pack should be instant rank 10.

I spent 120 on a video game.

Pretty sure that should be any and all benefits right from the get go..lol

Really now? Just the NCoin and the 3 months of premium you're getting are worth more than the pack costs. That doesn't include everything else you're getting that you'd normally have to pay for. (Dragon pouches and character slots, for example)

Anyway,

I'm all for exclusive items for long time subbers (as long as they're no p2w items, obviously). It would certainly make the premium membership more attractive and worth getting and leveling up.

Edited by Rouge

Yea I have a problem with how much money you have to dump into ranking up.  Was kinda hoping to find a game that kinda steer clear away from that sort of thing..

reading this I was starting to get a bit scared that premium mightn't been or will be worth it but after Reviewing this table, I really dont see the problem..
199aabdab7.png

A crowdfund campaign is exactly what a F2P game is. Just as in any other crowdfunding campaign, everyone contributes the amount they feel comfortable with and the result is everyone gets access. The people that are spending the money are the ones keeping the machine running by picking up the cost for the free players. The free players do their part by keeping the world populated so that the spenders have people to play and have fun with. Make no mistake... without those spenders funding the game by buying junk every month, the business model fails and the game shuts down. At least 50% of the income a F2P game will earn is going to be coming from the top 10% of cash shop buyers. Keep in mind this game does not even have a box. Giving everyone who had purchased a founders pack a permanent premium status would add a lot of risk to the future of this project.

Sign in to follow this