Shirolicious

Alpha Experience, the good and the bad.

Not Sure if this is the right spot for this but this is my feedback on Blade and Soul Alpha

Chat:

*Did not really experience any real difficulties. Though I would have liked a bit more customization of the Combat log.
Like making certain tekst bold, or give things a different color to make certain things stand out more.

Crafting:

*I did not craft a single thing! Maybe I did not fully understand what needed to be done.
Need a bit better understanding on how to get materials or make materials to be gained in dungeons.
There are so many materials, and I have no idea how to start this, it is very confusing and there is no explanation about crafting at all.

Also the whole Guild crafting thing I don't understand. So, I had a very "negative" experience when it came to crafting.
Might be my fault for not reading enough about it prior to playing, but right now I need to rely on external information to learn about crafting.

Monsters:

*Certain Mobs definitely spawn slow... waiting more then 3 minutes for them to respawn sucks.
*EXP from monsters is a bit on the low side. 

The droprate on the mobs is good for getting random stuff.

Money:

*Pre-level 30 there is hardly any income what so ever from mobs... And when you visit any NPC they are asking insane amounts of money relative to the amount that is dropping.
right now I would have to kill around 5500 mobs to get 5.50 silver coins (pre-level 30 basically) and with that you could buy 1 wooping healing potion from NPC.

I do notice it starts getting easier getting money after level 30, the income per mob starts to increase. I notice this game is a bit too much focused on balancing level 50 stuff. 
Its not neccesarily bad, but it does leave a bad taste during your first time leveling.

*Also should not have to pay for instant delivery when you do a Dungeon quest. Really what is the point in this... Please remove this penalty?

Quest:

* Experience between Story Quest and Blue seem okay but I think could be a bit more. Rewards for some quest need to be changed. Getting black ram Soul Shield 300 Times was not very rewarding.
Quest Objective needs to have a different indicator. It was really hard to see Green with a white light. Make them have arrows on them like some Blue Arrow quest have in level 35+ areas.

*I did every quest in the game up to level 32 (because of Alpha). I notice alot of quest's give poor EXP for the effort they require. I would suggest increasing EXP on certain blue quests to make them more worthwhile.
Next time I level a character I am going to skip nearly all quests because there are faster ways to level up and less boring ways then to do "all" the quests.
Right now, its not rewarding to just do all the quests towards level 45. Not in terms of money you getting, nor in terms of the EXP your getting, nor for the rewards your getting.

Field/Map:

*Lots of "invisible walls". It really makes me feel this isn't a "open world" MMO. Definitely doesn't feel good.

*I feel there is way too much information on the map, and many times I felt like I would like to zoom in a bit more then you currently are able to.

*Another extremely annoying thing when looking at the minimap trying to find that quest delivery point, I noticed that I keep getting trouble finding that exact location.
I would suggest making a "dot" or something on the map, and that the NPC is exactly there and not 15 meters away. behind a rock or on top of one.

*There should be a window or display telling you what you can get from Wheel Of Fate. 
It would be nice to know if it is interesting enough to spam that thing just to get that "number 8" roll that you never seem to get etc... But right now I just wonder if its even possible to roll 8 on that board
or just there for show.

Also Wheel Of Fate should not be turn basic. Everyone should be able to use it at the same time. And most importantly... I DO NOT LIKE THAT YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO PICK UP THE ITEM.

NPC Shops:

NO real comments.

Interface:

I want to be able to remove the "Megaphone" part... for the rest the UI feels good and is very customizable.

Storage:

I love the wardrope function, I hope that the slots keep expanding as new clothes are introduced to the game. I also strongly suggest that the "founder costumes" should also be possible to be added to the Wardrope.
Every and all costumes should be able to be stored in the Wardrope.

Voice Over/Dialog:

Lot of Voice and text did not match. It would go back and forth between Text having to many words, or too few. (No a Game break but just something to note)
Overall this is my first time playing Blade and Soul, and it was amazing. I've been looking for a MMO that I could actually spend years playing. This seem like it. 
Best thing since AION came out, and I can't wait to play this game with normal ping!!

Difficulty:

* I felt all the dungeons (up to level 35) were very easy. I have solo'd all the dungeons with the sole exception of the level 20 dungeon. I had some trouble there with the second boss (the KFM boss) where
he kept stunlocking me. It was mainly though because I am new to the game and still have trouble responding fast enough to the stunlock from that boss, and having 140-190 ping didn't help me much either.
But, outside of that 20 man instance, all dungeons were EASILY soloable.

Now, part of me thinks it's okay because I honestly don't value low level stuff much and I am not really want to wait 30 minutes or longer finding a group to do that instance to progress the story.
But, on the other side I felt like I did not get challenged what so ever, and that didn't felt very good either.

The only time I felt challenged was my solo attempt on the heroic level 20 dungeon at level 20.

What I enjoyed:

No daily limit on dungeons
I like the gear evolving system.
Default Keybinding/layout was prefect. I did not change ONE Key bind. (Most MMO's I have to change them around alot)
The Combat system is amazing.
I like that you can customize your skills at any point without any additional costs etc.
Edited by Shirolicious

coldimor   

Nicely done. What other ways were faster for leveling? I got to level 25 and felt like doing quests was probably the faster option..

Jara   

I got to 33, following Quests and loved it, though some dungeons i had to skip as not enough players to get a group together to run it. Specially the higher level dungeons where sadly dead calm. Still think graphic wise there could bin done a whole lot more. But for a free to play game i would say it higly enjoyable and easy playable even on lower end computers

Nicely done. What other ways were faster for leveling? I got to level 25 and felt like doing quests was probably the faster option..

You can be level 45 in about 22 hours, probably even a bit faster if you don't slack.

Its very long but watch the following video if you want to learn how to level fast:

22 hours of recorded video, he shows how to get max level the most efficient way. You could either watch the full 22 hours or just skip through a bit.
But, if you really wish to learn watch every minute of it :) He really shows everything you want to know.

I am gonna watch it too, I only seen parts of it while leveling myself on my main monitor. And, I didn't wanna copy him because of "alpha testing" I just wanted to do all the quests and take note of which ones are good and which are not.

I got to 33, following Quests and loved it, though some dungeons i had to skip as not enough players to get a group together to run it. Specially the higher level dungeons where sadly dead calm. Still think graphic wise there could bin done a whole lot more. But for a free to play game i would say it higly enjoyable and easy playable even on lower end computers

Interesting, I personally didn't need to do any dungeon with a party. I solo'd all dungeons up to level 35 accept for the level 20 dungeon.

That second boss was very annoying as he kept stunlocking me to death. I dislike the KFM bosses as I keep failing to predict when he is going to stun lock me :)

But all the other instances were easy soloable.

Edited by Shirolicious

Haschel   

Going to address certain areas

1. Money - if you buy anything from the vendor, you already failed at the game. Potions? Kill a mob, literally go kill a mob and you'll get one majority of the time, if not? A dumpling. You should have an abundance of these just from leveling and have to rarely use them due to your amethyst gem. You should never actually buy anything from the vendor.

2. Quest exp - the reason at those levels some quests have such low exp is because your exp bar stays relatively the same amount all throughout leveling. Literally was level 30 and got 2k exp for a quest, level 45 got 2k exp for a quest. The leveling in this game is definitely dependent on questing.

3. Mob exp - exp is low so that classes like destroyers can't just go huehuehuehue max level in 10 hours from spin to win farming mobs. By keeping mob exp low, and keeping quest exp the same throughout the game, it requires you to actually do content/quests instead of just mob grinding your way through.

4. There is literally quest regarding crafting. But to simplify things, you get two gathering professions and 2 crafting professions. You gather materials via your crafting profession people by sending them out on "missions for x amount of time". There is no way to farm materials in the world other than the ore you occasionally find since those are used in all professions. Because of this that's why when you send your dude out to get say...a certain wood, it takes 30 mins because he brings back 10, not just 1. This allows you to focus on the main aspect of the game without running around farming materials. This also prevents people from dominating the material market since they can't just farm materials relentlessly all day and night.

I agree with you on the potions part, but it is not about the potions or any specific item. It was just an example to illustrate.

My point was that you still needed to kill 5500 mobs for just 5.50 silver pre-level 30. And, that I believe is to be a bit on the low side.

That is my opinion atleast, it felt like nothing mattered and you notice this especially when you are doing the level 20 dungeon, where some people seem to spend 5-10 silver on a single item.

And I keep looking at my 5.50 silver and think how in the world did they get that much money? 

On your 3rd point regarding mob experience, right now you can solo dungeons and still get fast EXP. just pull the entire dungeon and spin-to-win. And repeat. That still goes extremely fast.

However, just from normal mobs there is just that feeling killing mobs doesn't make that EXP bar go up.

On point 4, thank you for explaining.  ;) Will give it a try hopefully next Alpha. 

Any sheet available which gathering professions work well with which crafting professions?

Edited by Shirolicious

Haschel   

They got that money from 1. Other dungeon runs 2. Selling materials on the market.

I literally made 50s just from selling one thing on the market.

In TW version where the market is already set, I made 10g at level 23 for a gem I made.

The point is to make money through a means other than just killing mobs endlessly. You need to use the market.

Haschel   

I didn't check in NA, but in TW the dungeon mobs only have like 3-4 exp per kill lol. I will be double checking that next weekend.

Also it definitely goes up. I ran out of daily quests at lvl 44 and spent the rest grinding mobs.

They got that money from 1. Other dungeon runs 2. Selling materials on the market.

I literally made 50s just from selling one thing on the market.

In TW version where the market is already set, I made 10g at level 23 for a gem I made.

The point is to make money through a means other than just killing mobs endlessly. You need to use the market.

True, you need to use the market and I believe I have no idea what items to sell yet. I just hoard all the items because I think I might need to use them later.

Selling items to NPC is pointless as everything is just 1 copper. 

But, if you managed to sell one item for 50s, how did the guy who bought your item get 50 silver? I mean, someone, somewhere needs to farm the money?

Haschel   

The person who bought it was probably level 45. It's easy to make money at 40+. I think I made a total of 5 gold on the last day just from questing and mob killing/dungeons.

The reason(I'm assuming) they keep it small like that is to prevent low level money farming. If you up the amount to something where you can sustain your needs, then what's gonna stop someone from, as we said before, mass spinning to winning mobs to just farm money? Especially since you lose ZERO time getting money from mobs. You don't have to pick it up. Literally just spin through mobs and gather money, no time wasted.

Good point actually. From that perspective I think its a good decision. We don't want to make it too easy for gold sellers and/or endgame bots after all.

Hi ;) ...

i want ti give a feedback to, but i have one question...

does the europe stuff work right now or later, and if they now working, can i give my feedback in german? It is much eseyer for me to explain and give a report of my experence and my coments.

But in short....

- well done, Graphic is like i hoped for.

- Questing is nice and easy to understand.

- the game runs, no lags or anything like that

only the clientdownload was a lil bit difficult the page was unavailable, include the homepage. I got only fragments of the homepage in my browsers ( edge, opera, firefox). After one day waiting it was ok. Clientdownload breaks one time at 7 GB and i must start again.

one thing was not so nice .... lol we play an Alphatest, and the Ganker was there in full action  ....

lol can you refresh the nc coin ingame .... iam running out rofl :rolleyes:  .... dumdidum ....

So far .. great job, great performance ...

thank you !

p.s. i hoppe my english is not so bad...

Edited by Stoertebeker

Crafting was not very clear at all, i had to go online to look up info. i fond that even tho i had the right craft and gathering guilds picked, i cud not make all the things i needed, to get what i wanted to craft? so i had to spend all my money to buy items for a craft i did not want to do just to make the item i wanted in the first place? it needs to be 2crafts and 3 gathering guilds you pick.

XD Copied My Post. I feel honored 

Yes, It was copied from Reddit to Dojo by someone and I copied and changed the content.

Left some things I agreed with, and added/changed things :)

Edited by Shirolicious