Sign in to follow this  
Iesdise

Game looks terrible on 1280x720.

Iesdise   

I know the title is a bit off, let me go into detail.

First, I would like to excuse for the only one screenshot, I actually got it from a fraps footage (perfectly clean footage, it's not video quality problem), because I did not really tought of opening that topic, therefore I don't have a single screenshot with UI on it, besides this one.

Screenshot link or click spoiler

44ttIb1.jpg

Let me start with the font. What? I can't read half of the stuff. Look at the numbers on my health bar. The big map is beyond terrible. I can't read most of the dungeon names if they are outside of a town. (you know, the map is bigger there) Overall the UI and especially the map look terrible in that resolution.

Q: Why would you play on such a low resolution?
A: Well, I use a single monitor with a resolution of 1440x900. I play 1280x720 windowed, because when I stream for example (in guess what resolution - 1280x720) I would like to see some stuff outside the game, like twitch chat for example. Also, since my PC is not that tough, I get maximum stream quality for what I can work with, a pixel ratio of 1:1.

Please, do something for that. :( I'm sure I'm not the only one who plays on 1280x720.

My suggestion will be an option to increase the size of the font of the entire UI (not just the chat) and an option to zoom your map even if you don't have a + button.

Kounat   

Well... let me start off by saying you're literally the first person I've ever seen that plays this windowed. Next up you can adjust the font size of your chat but as for the entire UI you can edit the size of that as well, but not too much bigger than the default. Go to the right bottom-hand corner of your screen, click the gear, go to settings, go to game, go to interface, and then the bottom option is a UI scale adjustment bar that you can boost up to 100, I believe the default is like 90 or 95... so it's not much of an improvement, but it'll at least help, good luck, hope I helped even a little.

Iesdise   

Well... let me start off by saying you're literally the first person I've ever seen that plays this windowed. Next up you can adjust the font size of your chat but as for the entire UI you can edit the size of that as well, but not too much bigger than the default. Go to the right bottom-hand corner of your screen, click the gear, go to settings, go to game, go to interface, and then the bottom option is a UI scale adjustment bar that you can boost up to 100, I believe the default is like 90 or 95... so it's not much of an improvement, but it'll at least help, good luck, hope I helped even a little.

I tought that the default would be 100, I know about the slider but I didn't check to be honest. If the default is 95% that would explain the weird looking fonts. Thanks and I will try it out when the servers are up again and post results.

p.s. What's so strange in playing the game in the same resolution as my stream, lol? ;D

Kounat   

Yeah I know, it doesn't make much sense for the default to be below 100 but on Taiwan and Korea it's below 100 so I'm gonna assume it's the same here..

I don't know, I personally like to play it in the best and highest quality possible - it's like a person with a 4k monitor and a GPU that can provide a 4k experience, instead playing in 720p... it's just... odd. Even though they can stream the 4k, and most people can't view it in 4k (because let's face it, not many people own 4k monitors yet), they're still gonna play it in high quality and get the most out of it, not put themselves on a lower level because other people are on that low of a level

Lmao do you understand what I mean?

Iesdise   

Yeah I know, it doesn't make much sense for the default to be below 100 but on Taiwan and Korea it's below 100 so I'm gonna assume it's the same here..

I don't know, I personally like to play it in the best and highest quality possible - it's like a person with a 4k monitor and a GPU that can provide a 4k experience, instead playing in 720p... it's just... odd. Even though they can stream the 4k, and most people can't view it in 4k (because let's face it, not many people own 4k monitors yet), they're still gonna play it in high quality and get the most out of it, not put themselves on a lower level because other people are on that low of a level

Lmao do you understand what I mean?

I kinda understood. But my machine is not really that good for a second monitor right now (not like I can affort a second one atm), so I prefer to play in 720p which is 1:1 with stream, then on 1440x900 which is not even 16:9, so the stream will have black lines on top of everything. :)

Sign in to follow this