Sign in to follow this  
Godlike

Use of Names with God in them

Godlike   

So i was trying to make a username in Alpha Friday afternoon and I couldnt use it cause of the Name God in it. Funny thing is I can use the screen name here tho :(.

I know this is a big problem for everyone, but it is weird that any name with God spelled in them cant be used. I emailed Support and got this back 

"Thank you for contacting the Blade & Soul Support Team. Unfortunately, the name is probably blocked by a restriction list ("God" is usually a restricted name in games). In this phase of the game, there's nothing we can do about that. You may want to post your issue/suggestion on our Forums to see if this is something that might be changed in the future."

This is the first game I have played where it is banned out. I agree with racist, slurs and sexual names all be gone, but why God???

Maybe this will shred some light on it and get it lifted

Tahmoh   

my brother used to play a character called gods in Champions online and city of heroes, so it's not as common a blocked word as they think

If they allow the name God, they need to allow the name Satan, Allah, etc etc aswell, because they fall under the same category.

So I don't think they will ever allow it my friend ;)

Edited by Guildmaster

Xenovia   

Tahmoh is right  theirs  is  alot of games out their  that  will let  you use the word god  or  names  that had  god in them and  its  not as   blocked  as  ncsoft really  thinks

Kounat   

Most people that use the term "God" in their names are usually stuck up annoying people with a superiority complex anyway, like Shorsh said, leave that stuff in real life. How about you come up with a real name? :)

Sign in to follow this