Sign in to follow this  
MotoX4Fun

Sub and Dub

I know most people couldn't care less, and personally I love the game as it is right now, but if there was an option to switch the npc voices from English to Korean, while maintaining english subtitles for both (having the game subbed rather than dubbed), I believe it could make the game feel more original. The only reason I ask this is because I am one of those snobs that does not particularly care fore dubbed animes due how the english voices sound. However, this option would not make or break the game. I love the game how it is and if this area is not changed then I do not mind and I will still play the game happily.

Brand X   

I know most people couldn't care less, and personally I love the game as it is right now, but if there was an option to switch the npc voices from English to Korean, while maintaining english subtitles for both (having the game subbed rather than dubbed), I believe it could make the game feel more original. The only reason I ask this is because I am one of those snobs that does not particularly care fore dubbed animes due how the english voices sound. However, this option would not make or break the game. I love the game how it is and if this area is not changed then I do not mind and I will still play the game happily.

I often find people who don't care for the dub voices tend to just not like them, because they are dubbed and not that they are bad.  :p  But I don't think it's bad to have the option to have Korean with subtitles, as we already get subtitles anyways even with english.  Personally, I wouldn't use it, but others like you might.

Cetra   

Yea, having JP voice pack with english subs would be incredible.  I personally can't stand the english audio, guess after watching a bunch of Anime you can't really have it any other way.

Wataru   

I'm fine with the English voice overs except male Lyn having two different voices. What I hear from the other versions and what I hear when my character says "blocked" and such in combat. It's distracting that it's different and gives me the impression it was done because some people don't like kiddy voice overs. I would match rather have a voice matching the original.

dskilly   

I actually would like to see this happen since I really appreciate the original works that the authors came out with and the VA's they chose to be on the project, also the fact that I am a sub over dub kind of person but not because of preference, I have definitely heard good dubs but in terms of skill, passion and motivation I feel like they lack on the western side (not to offend since it's still a heavy effort to do that).

For example there were dialogues where it felt the VA was too embarrassed or something was holding him/her back from being in character, that part is what I respect a lot for the counter-parts, the Asian VA's, they put a lot of emotions and vividness to the characters.

JubJub   

While I know it's "available" from unmentionable sources, I really hope they provide the original KR voices (or all the language voices for that matter) and allow us to choose what we want to hear in-game.

Wataru   

I believe they've already stated they'll offer downloads so you can replace the English ones, just not as a setting or at least at launch.

JubJub   

I'll accept that. Though I worry that running a repair or the gameguard thing detecting modified files causing it to revert back to EN voices.

Sign in to follow this