Sign in to follow this  
Takara

Opinion on tentative costume pricing?

Takara   

I personally think it's too steep, and hope that it does drop in pricing. dropping 15 to 20 dollars for once costume seems a bit much, what are your opinions on it?

Tahmoh   

500-1000 ncoins should be the price range for outfits, accessories are sorta about right(400 ncoin is about right for glasses and such)..

Edited by Tahmoh

Aden   

I think the prices are all a bit high right now, keys and costumes especially. Cosmetics and single use keys really shouldn't be so pricey that buying a couple breaks the bank.

Cetra   

20$ is kinda pushing it for a costume, especially if it isn't a "package" where accessories come with it.  They will probably make more money by lowering the price with the vast amount of options there are, people will be more interesting in owning closets full of vanity.  You should be able to get a complete package and have some coins left over for some consumables etc. after spending 20$

Sartorri   

I thought the price for the costumes was too high, especially since they are character-bound. If the costumes were to unlock for the entire account, then I'd be fine with the prices.

Haschel   

Keep in mind people the game itself is not a monthly subscription game, let alone cost anything at all to play when it actually goes live...

As for the KEYS - I like that they're expensive, since they are a necessary item, if you make them cheap people will mass buy them and use them to make money on the AH/Get their gear from chests. Thus begins the age old argument of P2W..so..lets just leave those Moonwater keys at $5 so people don't break the system.

Mewna   

I think costumes need to be 10-15 $ max. 20+ is ridiculous. now bundles i can see being 20+ as long as there are at least 2 or 3 pieces of stuff in the bundle. Single items 20 bucks ... v.v pa~lease rethink. especially if u think about doing (chance)boxes those are a lot in them selves an still no guarantee you'll get what you want. you want people to spend more money??? make it affordable.

Tahmoh   

Please dont ever consider rng lockboxes for this game! they ruin mmo's and the contents end up sold by whales for ridiculous prices on the auction house! just sell things directly as the store currently does only maybe only charge 20 bucks for costume bundles were you get accessories and the outfit together.

Neifen   

I personally think the costume prices are just right. They roughly have the same pricing as some of the skins in the most popular game in the world (LOL) and that game is practically fully funded off skin sales alone.  

I hope NCsoft is able to generate a healthy income off of the costume sales so thoughts of implementing any advantageous stuff doesn't happen. 

If they are too inexpensive they don't feel special.  I think they are right in the sweet spot where people who really like a certain costume will buy it.  

Edited by Neifen

Kounat   

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138242-we-need-a-serious-talk-about-costume-prices/

This thread, here, take a look, same basic idea.

I agree to an extent and also don't agree. I agree because they're insanely expensive in my eyes, but also understand that they're permanent and they're all for aesthetics and not armor based - but this also makes me question the high price again... why should I pay so much for something that doesn't even make me stronger? They literally serve one purpose... to make you look pretty. Lol.

Edited by Kounat

Neifen   

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138242-we-need-a-serious-talk-about-costume-prices/

I agree to an extent and also don't agree. I agree because they're insanely expensive in my eyes, but also understand that they're permanent and they're all for aesthetics and not armor based - but this also makes me question the high price again... why should I pay so much for something that doesn't even make me stronger? They literally serve one purpose... to make you look pretty. Lol.

If you don't find the value in the price then you don't spend money on it.  

I know that there are costumes in this game that I will purchase for the prices as set currently.  

I am glad they are only cosmetic. No power gains from the shop :) You can wear the starter costume to end game if you want or mix it up with all the free costume rewards from quests and dungeon drops.  

I personally like having a wardrobe of different outfits and I don't mind spending money for some of them.

Kounat   

Obviously... who spends money on something they don't want? I don't think you completely understood my post so let me clarify and explain some things better:

I like the fact that outfits are for aesthetics only, I absolutely hate P2W games. I just think that with such a simple concept in mind with our outfits... they shouldn't cost as much as something that would, for example, give both looks AND power in another game. Understand? The outfits are for looks, we all want to look as good as possible, but when it's just for looks, we shouldn't go broke at the same time. Maybe some exclusive/event-only outfits can cost a bit more.. but for regular outfits.. I should be able to throw a twenty dollar bill into the game and get 2 outfits out of it, and MAYBE have some change left over.

@ThatLastLine, Once again, I don't think you followed what I said at all.. and I don't quite understand what you're going for there.. who DOESN'T want a wardrobe of outfits...? Everyone does.. at a reasonable price.

these prices are not horrible, many games like this are 35-40 PER costume. some of u really need to get out of the basement from time to time.

Neifen   

Obviously... who spends money on something they don't want? I don't think you completely understood my post so let me clarify and explain some things better:
I like the fact that outfits are for aesthetics only, I absolutely hate P2W games. I just think that with such a simple concept in mind with our outfits... they shouldn't cost as much as something that would, for example, give both looks AND power in another game. Understand? The outfits are for looks, we all want to look as good as possible, but when it's just for looks, we shouldn't go broke at the same time. Maybe some exclusive/event-only outfits can cost a bit more.. but for regular outfits.. I should be able to throw a twenty dollar bill into the game and get 2 outfits out of it, and MAYBE have some change left over.
@ThatLastLine, Once again, I don't think you followed what I said at all.. and I don't quite understand what you're going for there.. who DOESN'T want a wardrobe of outfits...? Everyone does.. at a reasonable price.

The most popular Free to play games at the moment are MOBA's.. LOL, DOTA, HOTS, ect..  you don't "buy" power in any of them, but you buy skins which are those games versions of costumes (way to make your avatar look different).  The skins range in prices based on the extravagance. 

The pricing we are seeing here is IN MY OPINION on par with the pricing in those games and IN MY OPINION a reasonable price.

Edited by Neifen

Takara   

I think costumes need to be 10-15 $ max. 20+ is ridiculous. now bundles i can see being 20+ as long as there are at least 2 or 3 pieces of stuff in the bundle. Single items 20 bucks ... v.v pa~lease rethink. especially if u think about doing (chance)boxes those are a lot in them selves an still no guarantee you'll get what you want. you want people to spend more money??? make it affordable.

That's pretty much what I was expecting. 800 coins which is 10 dollars, for an existing costume, and 1200 coins for new costumes. But 1200 seems to be the default price, tentatively. 

As someone who dropped 125 dollars immediately once the founders packs were announced, I have no issues with money. But there are expectations. And I'm planning on keeping my premium on, for a very long time as well. So in that respect, I don't expect to be bled at every turn for more money.

Cetra   

Keep in mind people the game itself is not a monthly subscription game, let alone cost anything at all to play when it actually goes live...

As for the KEYS - I like that they're expensive, since they are a necessary item, if you make them cheap people will mass buy them and use them to make money on the AH/Get their gear from chests. Thus begins the age old argument of P2W..so..lets just leave those Moonwater keys at $5 so people don't break the system.

Except in current state you can't buy costumes unless you're premium status (Subbed), so keep that in mind.

Cetra   

these prices are not horrible, many games like this are 35-40 PER costume. some of u really need to get out of the basement from time to time.

This isn't "other" games and those prices are ridiculous much like your statement about getting out of the basement.  Some of us actually do have very successful lives, travel a lot and make a lot of money.  My good standing financially didn't happen by throwing 50 bucks away at video game costumes, it comes with smart money management which is not something you seem to grasp.

If you don't find the value in the price then you don't spend money on it.  

I know that there are costumes in this game that I will purchase for the prices as set currently.  

I am glad they are only cosmetic. No power gains from the shop :) You can wear the starter costume to end game if you want or mix it up with all the free costume rewards from quests and dungeon drops.  

I personally like having a wardrobe of different outfits and I don't mind spending money for some of them.

bottom line is as Neifen said it is a optional way to produce revenue.. chances are most people won't care that much as there are options IN game anyway.

though the prices seem hefty I think they are better in many ways over the GW2 costs for "transmute" appearance armor that you have to buy and then after using once have to get transmute stone to change the next armor upgrade to change your appearnace

Not because some other games sells you a single costume 30$ does it means it's an acceptable practice.

Paying 30$ for a virtual item that you DO NOT OWN and finding this practice acceptable is crazy and shows a total lack of respect for the player base.

At around 10$ per normal costume, you still make a ridiculous amount of money since there are more than 100 costumes in B&S.

Wataru   

Guild Wars costumes were $6.99 and were poorly done with a lot of problems. They also made your characters look thicker. I'm okay with $15-20 USD they aren't garbage. People pay hundreds of dollars for gun skins in Counter-Strike: GO.

Edited by Cuilan

dskilly   

I actually think the prices are fair too, you will mostly want to buy the costume you like most, which is what I did in Alpha 1 barely spending any of the NCoins provided even though they are free and will return.

I think people are just trying at lowering the prices which in all honesty I would love if it happened but at the end they are cosmetics and just make the game more enjoyable for those that do spend money. Whereas people that do complain that the price is high and that is not worth spending for virtual items then don't spend money on them, that simple, nobody is forcing you nor pressuring you but yourself.

Considering how much they have spent on making this game and how much cost they will have to cover in the future I think the price is just right on a financial perspective and an aesthetics perspective, making costumes/cosmetics more treasured and special for people.

Kitah   

I'm not sure with the prices myself, I will have to have a look and have a deeper think about it before I get into ranting and raving about how the prices may or may not suck.

Though, I'd like to add that I believe there should be a feature if buy so many costumes at once, you get a small discount.+ If you are a Premium member you also get a bit of a discount. Or a buy so many costumes get one half price or free type of system. Having these type of systems actually make the consumer feel more inclined to buy a product "Oooh, if I buy 3 of these costumes I can get one half price! And there are 4 I like, so yay!" type of deal tends to happen quite a bit. (Also is a big thing in real life, are you more likely to buy the $2 yogurt or the 2 for $3? - that type of deal).

--

Edit: From my understanding there are 300 costumes CURRENTLY in the Korean version, right? If they priced them at $10 a costume and someone wanted all of the costumes that is already $3,000. + they are going to need Premium membership if they want all of the costumes + the other extras they will surely buy.

Also, I'd like to mention - If it ends up being a $20 to £20 scenario.. that is going to suck big time. 

Edited by Kitah

jkr1293   

And guess what. The csgo players are going to keep playing csgo not this so that's a horrible comparison. You people saying this is a fair price act like we have some special never before seen costumes. These are the recycled costume from every other version. The artist is paid off already and the company made their money back a hundred times over. We have 2 costumes that are unique and 1 more on top of that for each region. The costumes are not a physical item they need to sell for 20 dollars so they can pay costs to make another. It's virtual. Once it's there it's there for good. There is no excuse for these prices. Black desert is a hundred times more detailed and it's not that expensive for a more in depth costume. They need to rethink their prices. That's the bottom line or this game will flop and end up on steam

Sign in to follow this