Joel

How was your alpha experience?

bloom   

disappointing cause no one could give you a straight answer forum staff send me to support . support send me back to forum . glad that some of you have such a good time. what i am really missing is some support if you run into trouble 

Kanmuru   

Best part of the game....v7cmyp.jpg

Ah yes, the amazing boob physics were really fun. 

Other than boob physics, I thought the game was amazing with an amazing scenery that sucked you into the game as if you were the player itself. The boss monsters I've fought so far were also really fun, and some were quite hard. I've had a blast adventuring with you as well, Joel, and we might be able to do that again next weekend  :D

The only thing that bothered me is that we got more Stamina, but the regeneration rate was still the same so it didn't make much of a difference.

Maiku   

I wonder if it`s possible to use that much NCoins

Pretty much used it all on those boxes lol... Damn black tiger took me 700 boxes.

Decimo   

I really enjoyed my alpha time as well. Having also done TERA CBT and FFXIV1.0 (puke) testing along with various game tests like ESO, Blade and Soul ran relatively smoothly for alpha. Aside from issues that have already been mentioned in the other parts of this forum, I was really happy with how easily it was to access the server during alpha 1 and play the game without much hindrance. Even with TERA servers, there were times it'd just crash for no reason, and while I didn't get to spend as much time this weekend as I would have liked, I sitll got to level 20 without getting dropped from server which was a delight :)

I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! iv been playing Aion and waiting on this game for 2 years lol, and let me say, this is the best mmo iv ever played, and its just the alpha hahahahah, cant wait to see whats next i cud really tell how much time they put in to make it right for us. thanks BLOODLUST!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! i have been heartbroken so many times before.. with all this other mmorpgs... Tera, GW2 etc. All the hype and no delivery.. This game incorporated the best of mmorpg in my opinion and I will b playing it for many years to come.  :). Game ran very well (except for the ping being crazy). happy i don't need Directx11 to be able to play it even with the amazing graphics. was about to buy a new rig just if i had too  :P.  Only ran into 1 bug. (when we had to burn the bodies of npc mobs for quest. and body stayed stuck to you after you burnt it). A++

Soul   

Very much enjoyed the game, looking forward to the tech alpha 2 this weekend.

I had great experience too can't wait :) abd i also did had little problem with my f button as well but over all game and everythings was great :)

I looked it up and the F keys might be a windows/BNS conflict .. IF it occurs hit you f/lock on and off and this corrected it for me ;)

Enoll   

How was my alpha experience.... sleepless 34 hours grinding to 45, then rest for 6 hours and then very laggy(¬150 ms) experience to 1650 rating and then sleep again. 

If they release the game with the current content I can conclude that:

1. The whole content will be covered within a week and players will start doing pvp

2. PvP will be extremely unbalanced as some classes benefit from more levels/skills compared to other classes that can do well just with few skills, example LBMs/ Destroyers. Example of classes that require more skill points - KFMs / BMs.

Things I really enjoyed, and this is extremely odd baring in mind that I play the game religiously every day for the past 2 years - 3v3 tag matches. Never had so much fun in my life even when losing.

Edited by Enoll

Dawlin   

Loved the content (have played before), didn't love my permanent 280 ms ping. Looking forward to an EU-based test server some time in the future :)

Edited by Dawlin

Aside from all the fps drops that i shouldnt be having with a 980ti it was a really fun experience.. not one single crash and very few bugs.

Edited by Mr Madcat

Shiro   

I took it slow enjoying the story and quests with proper translation, I want to PvP too but it's kinda hard with 160ms as a KFM. I wish EU server would open sooner.

Lionsden   

The Alpha was generally a positive experience for me. Blade & Soul has a nice balance of familiar aspects of MMOs (group dungeons, quest highlights, standard style questing, etc) with the addition of combo-related combat and a focus on customizing skill points with a wide variety of choice in that regard. Major Pros and Cons are as follows

Pros

• Game ran smoothly - no FPS issues for me
  • Very few game-breaking bugs (I only ran into 1 quest I couldn't complete prior to L30)
  • Interface was fairly easy to use and customize window positions
  • Combat is engaging (In PvP)
  • Game story was engaging
  • Character Creation Customization
  • Group synergy has a nice dynamic aspect, there is not a firm restriction on needing a "tank" to run dungeons (Though it can definitely make some encounters run more smoothly)
  • Combat was rather intuitive and easy to understand
  • Gear - not difficult to obtain and upgrade
  • Character skill customization

Cons

• Graphics - While the graphics are nice for the most part, the fact this game was released a few years ago shows in certain visual aspects of the game
  • Keybind customization - Some keys are hard bound to certain functions or not enabled for use (MB4, MB5)
  • Restrictive Map movement - For a game that touts the high-wire kungfu movement as part of it's core, I ran into far to many places that had invisible walls that prevented me from going over a hill, jumping over a railing, etc.
  • Zoning - Annoyance of having to multiple loading screens in a short period of time if I got swapped channels made it feel more like a console game than a PC one.

Joel   

Hope Friday's new alpha testers enjoy the game :>, looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you Alpha1 testers in-game.

dskilly   

Hope Friday's new alpha testers enjoy the game :>, looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you Alpha1 testers in-game.

Welp, I'll see you on Friday Joel XD! Since all people in Alpha 1 will be in Alpha 2, great news!

Also cuz I am in the same guild as you :P!

But back to topic, I enjoyed Alpha 1, since BnS was announced back in Korea a few years ago I wanted to play it and was really excited for it!

As expected I had a lot of fun and it was GREAT! Didn't run to much issues other than the ones I started myself XD and a lag with frame drops, am guessing it's on my end but meh.

Can't wait for Alpha 2 :)

Sukina   

My alpha experience was a very positive one. 

- I had a few FPS issues related to MSI Afterburner  ( Seems a quick started of MSI fixed that. Didn't have the issue since <3 )

- Latency from New Zealand was MUCH better than I thought. Although I believe WTFast did help substantially. However I was able to enjoy my Sin more than I imagined. Summoner worked out well too.  Steady ping of 150ms . That will seem high to us people. But for my location and distance from server that is actually really good over copper network. 

- Overall the community experience was one of the nicest I have had (focusing on the positive moments here ). I'm looking forward to seeing my clanmates in game this Alpha 2.

- The Combat is some of the best I have ever experience in any online game ever. I had played a little in other regions. but very little. This Alpha I was able to experience it a lot more and smoothly for the most part.

- Visually the game still looks very solid. Although I'm not fond of some of the over saturated lighting effects on your characters skin in certain areas. Not a huge deal. But not always nice to see either.

- Still baffled as to why there isn't a true fullscreen mode. Yes I can press ALT ENTER at the exact same moment to enter a full screen mode. But it is buggy. and I am unable to change resolutions from the drop down menu in game. It only stays at my games native resolution which is a little strange. It does mean if I want a resolution of say 2560X1440. I have to change my desktop to that instead. I hope that's something that can be addressed. It also seems that way on other regions as well.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the next alpha this weekend. lol weird thing is. It's almost Friday here in New Zealand.  :P I get TWO fridays with you guys  <3

Thank you NC-Soft/ NC-West /Team Bloodlust

i had a great time in the game i really enojoyed the combat system ....would of liked to see some kind of book or chart we could see that would show us the moves and combos that proc stuff etc for our class...as i was new to the game never played before (even though a MMO vet) i found it difficult to fig out as i couldnt find a target dummy and the mobs would just die to fast to get anything going...but once i got some combos fig out the pvp gameplay is just intenses edge of yer seat gameplay like a fight in a game should be ..i kinda liked the way dung loots works as its nice to get credit for killing the boss even if u dont get the gear ...but on the flip side i noticed sometimes people seem to bid on everything...and than i found times when people are having a biding war and im just ready to move on....and my major dislike was the fact that i wanted to play  LBD cause its a strictly dps BM ....k i have no problem having a class be race locked and so on ...but i want my male Lyn to look like Mighty Mouse(a small but ripped toon) ...but instead he looks like mickey Mouse...so i made him look goofy as i could and played the class..but if i was to grade the game as a whole i would give it a 9/10 (up to lvl 32 as thats as far as i got)...all my disslikes are easly fixable..and heck there might already be a moves list i just didnt find it lolz...but the major thing is really u gotta make the male lyn able to be more manily looking ....maxed out with height ...body size, and all the sliders maxed for size ...he is still super small and looks like a baby