Zama

What about difficulty?

I think the endgame bosses should provide a good challenge, but tbh I don't really care about the non endgame dungeons - > I rather not waste my time on adds too much while leveling. The true game starts at lvl45, atleast for me.

Jem   

I think the endgame bosses should provide a good challenge, but tbh I don't really care about the non endgame dungeons - > I rather not waste my time on adds too much while leveling. The true game starts at lvl45, atleast for me.

^ This.

Rouzen   

i think they should increase +100% HP and +200% dmg to mostly every enemy in Viridian zone for sure even with those increase wont be a big deal only more fun and enjoyful! Rate this!

Edited by Rouzen

If you keep Weapon, Accessories, and Bopae at the highest level possible, you won't really be able to start running full combos on regular mobs until around level 37-40. Don't worry though, you will be able to once you get there. If you do dungeons at the correct level, they'll be challenging enough that some people might die if they don't leave a telegraphed area or something like that. Mostly the earlier dungeons are going to provide you fun, some story, and some practice on game mechanics. Don't worry about the difficulty, as you'll have some real challenges at max level. You'll also have quite a few field quests and outdoor boss quests to do while leveling up.

Malvolio   

Viridian was easy and may be tweaked slightly but as an introduction you do not want it too difficult. Cinderlands stepped it up but aside from Sentinel and Bongok most instances were 1 attempt passes. I think 37-45 was where mobs not only got more punishing but you had to really flesh out those combos. I found some of the instances to be refreshingly difficult not to mention the world bosses taking some time to learn.

I only hit 45 on the last day and me and some 42-45s ran the spider queen instance and actually wiped once and had a few deaths the second time. On the final boss I used both of my dragon shrine buffs

Devs,

Us gamer's, the hardcore group that will play this for many hours and days want a challenge. I don't care if its grindy or difficult and all the newby gamers,you will learn to enjoy 

something that is a challenge or not but you will quit the game because you have seen everything in 5 minutes.. I am a elitist non elitist; meaning the gaming world aside from

competitive gaming is non challenging and grows boring fast. Give us something we can celebrate when we finally beat a boss or dungeon. I am sure this is not tweaked for 

for difficulty in leveling, as you want us to test content in the Alpha/Beta. If it is this is pretty sad for how easy it is thus far. 

Other idea is create a server where everything is more difficult; higher hp, hits harder, smells more bad ass you get the point. This is what keeps D3 players and hardcore MMO ppl 

satisfied is the challenge and all the casuals can go easy mdoe if thats what they need.

Anyone remember Mario on super Nintendo? get to the fish level and die. Well guess its back to level 1 again but it was fun I miss that and this game has potential to give us the same feels.

I'm pretty much the opposite of a hardcore. I'm middle aged (with the reflexes to match), and haven't played any of the other region versions of the game. In short, I'm not a terrible representative of the casuals that'll be around. While  I don't want changes that will make the game grindy, I do agree with the general opinions of the thread: The game is currently too easy.

Makaron   

I haven't gotten very far, but I do agree that the game feels far too easy. This is coming from somebody who has never played BnS before.

I wish there was a poll option in the forums to rate the opinion on the difficulty.

Edited by Makar8000

Ash   

difficulty is perfect!

some people never played BnS before, its not that easy for them.

Early game have to be easy and it shouldn´t be frustrating.

Maybe it feels easy because you can upgrade your weapon with shop materials, that wont be possible on release.

Edited by Ash

Aziraya   

General mobs are indeed far too easy. As a KFM 95% of the mobs would die from an opener, one or two punches, then Tiger Strike -> Inferno Kick. The only things that would survive this are the mobs that are built to be a bit tankier (such as NPC destroyers and the like). While it made leveling faster and to be fair those moves were specced for damage, there were indeed times when I wished I could experiment with my attacks more. Just today when showing my friend the game, I had to put on the starter weapon just to get more than one combo in to show off the combat system. And yes, this weekend was the first time picking up this game and this was around level 25 and 30 mobs.

However, I want to make one thing straight: I'm all for making the combat as a whole more difficult, but I don't want that to come with the cost of it becoming more of a grind. I feel the game currently has a good amount of grind to it. You have to do a dungeon a few times over to complete the entire Soul Shield set, and the weapon experience items given from the surveys were nice (although I felt we were given far too many. I have about 4 of the strong ones sitting in my inventory and my weapon is currently maxed) but that might have been what made the game feel too easy. If I had to level up my weapon purely from weapon drops though it would have felt far too grindy. I like a difficult game, but I want to feel like I'm being rewarded for that effort I put in.

Edited by Aziraya

I don't get what is the point of giving normal mobs more hp and damage. Do you guys just want take a longer time to finish your quests? It's not like the game's gonna get difficult just by doing that. Only thing that kinda makes sense is to make the bosses hit harder so people will learn to dodge earlier on, but I think that should be it.

Tanimo   

the SOAP has spoken i like the idea

we could have like 3 different servers 

Hard (more hp dmg def attack speed on monsters) 

Medium (kinda average on everything)

Easy (do i have to explain? alpha style 1shot everything..)

so anyone can choose what they could deal with

( in my case pl0x hardcore server 1life mobs can 1shot u wait... this wouldnt work the mainstory has a quest or 2 that kills you :C )

Cuts   

Could this be easier only because it's alpha just so people can zip through content and test stuff maybe?

Haschel   

I don't get what is the point of giving normal mobs more hp and damage. Do you guys just want take a longer time to finish your quests? It's not like the game's gonna get difficult just by doing that. Only thing that kinda makes sense is to make the bosses hit harder so people will learn to dodge earlier on, but I think that should be it.

Whats the point of making a mob hit harder if you just 1-2 shot it? it wont live long enough to ever hit you lol >.< Thus why you need to increase the hp, if even just a little. 

Daithi   

they already said that the reason why we find the early game easy might be because we already know the game or they give too much rewards with surveys letting us get stronger gear faster or because the game is made so you get used to the controls and combat system at the start.

dont worry about the esarly game difficulty, focus in learn your class and test builds, later the game becomes harder.

Inb4, people coming here later to complain about how hard Poh is... we will see how you guys gonna do it as 4 man party  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Tanimo   

thats the problem the game is TOO EASY even on normal difficulity dood!

and most already know its because they upped our dmg and such but still nerf our dmg to the point of using a weapon is useless 8D 1~1 dmg all the way 

Crickets!

Fenrui   

They commented on this, btw. They said that some of the reasons the game may seem easy is because of your familiarity with the game prior to playing. If you've watched a stream/video online, you are familiar with the game. Seeing someone else play does give you a rough idea of how to do things. I played BnS a bit (maybe around a year) on my gf's account when it came out in China. Haven't played since, now came here and it was easy. Although, I already knew how to use abilities, q/e and all that because I was someone who actually read the tutorials when you were given new skills as well as I looked inside the talent tree page (when you press K) to see what key binds there are and what they do.

You also get many items from surveys that help you level everything faster.

IMO, the very start of the game (beginning until about 50% through viridian) is perfectly balanced for difficulty. After that half way point through act 1, though, I feel that the difficulty should start to increase at a slightly faster rate. If we think about it as a graph with 0-100 on the y axis and the x axis is just progression through the story. first half of Viridian would be 0-10, second half would be 10-30. Cinderlands would be 30-60, and so forth. These numbers represent percentage of difficulty where 100% is the most difficult thing in the game, 0% the least difficult.

Also NA people like to see bigger numbers, that is why our damage was increased (and I am someone who likes to see bigger numbers too, I don't want to see double digits I want to see 4 digits or more). Best solution to us having more damage would be to increase healthpools as that would still be in line to catering to NA. Every game I know, everyone wants bigger numbers, and that's what I mean by catering to us.

Shiune   

Wanted to write smth similar.

I mean srsly people are you out of your mind?

I want to rush the first zones and not spend a shitload of time killing mobs there.

So stop complaining about how easy the game is in the beginning and better get to a higher lvl - it will become more difficult (maybe not with the current content but later).

OR if you really want a challenge in the lower levels go and make some Arena PvP lol.

Tanimo   

sorry but if ur into rushing go play cod? this isnt a game your suppose to speedrun your suppose to enjoy the story and content it has to provide with some awesome battles and such 

also the game was easy even with normal difficulitys i rarely struggle with games i play.

if a normal mob is like a miniboss you clearly will master your class in seconds instead of watching them nubs run into jian at lvl 6 and get destroyed because they rushed to lvl 45 on alpha and still cant play

just look up how 2 be a gamer girl and u cannot lose son!

Lyn is the Master Race.

Shiune   

BS!

I can enjoy the story and the game without making 100 hits on one trashmob until it's down and I bet everyone else can too.

Ppl wrote it already: If you want to have a hard time then take your starter weapon and clear the viridian area with it.

And no the fun of this game is definetly NOT the level part of the game!

Also check every other version of the game (TW etc.) - it's as easy as it is here! Heck on the TW server it's even easier because you get much better items in the survey!

Tanimo   

excuse me!?

but grind=win

and sorry sir but we were made OP to speedrun the current content so if this is how fast the game will be legit? i guess a lot of players may quit within the first week because everyone will be max lvl and done everything that can be done

i should also mention pls dont compare P2W games with no p2w element

and if you think TW is so good go back there u troll

Edited by Tanimo

Atheyana   

The content up until endgame is too easy but once you reach the endgame content the difficulty will spike. They need to do a better job at balancing the difficulty curve so people don't get too blindsided by the endgame content. I can already see people who reach level 45 thinking it is a cake walk then start crying that Mushin's Tower and higher end content is too difficult.

Tanimo   

The content up until endgame is too easy but once you reach the endgame content the difficulty will spike. They need to do a better job at balancing the difficulty curve so people don't get too blindsided by the endgame content. I can already see people who reach level 45 thinking it is a cake walk then start crying that Mushin's Tower and higher end content is too difficult.

dis ^

Shiune   

excuse me!?

but grind=win

and sorry sir but we were made OP to speedrun the current content so if this is how fast the game will be legit? i guess a lot of players may quit within the first week because everyone will be max lvl and done everything that can be done

i should also mention pls dont compare P2W games with no p2w element

and if you think TW is so good go back there u troll

This is the 2nd time already i'm being called a troll because having a different but legit opinion on a topic.

Kinda funny.

Tanimo   

nope just said troll because i feelt like it sowwee but back on topic

the game shouldnt be too easy at start because of how end content up

Edited by Tanimo