Sign in to follow this  
GrilledSoda

Crab hunting quest bugged?

I killed 50 of the regular crabs with a harpoon gun, then the gun went away and I couldn't pick up another one.  Still says I need to kill some giant crabs with the harpoon gun, but no giant crabs ever spawned.

Kounat   

The giant crabs spawn just about every 10 seconds... and you don't HAVE to kill them with the gun, just kill them and you're fine.

Weird, they must just hate me.  I went down there again, and they were always spawning around other people, but I could stand there for minutes (killing the small crabs or not) and nothing.  Kept doing this even after restarting the quest.

Dievi   

The only issue I had with this quest was that when I had about 30-40 kills with the harpoon gun, it dropped by itself. I had to pick up another one from the blue arrows to finish the quest.

I made another character to try this again.

So here is what I figured out, if you kill 50 of the little guys without killing a big guy you drop the gun and can't pick up another one.

Also big guys don't spawn after that.

Had to drop the quest and start again.

Shidori   

The gun has a limited amount of shots. You must kill 1 big guy for the quest to complete and 50 little ones.  You can pick up another gun, or just kill them with regular skills. 

Invalid   

Yeah, this quest did the same in the Chinese server as well. The gun has a limited amount of shots, like Shidori said above, so just pick up another when it runs out. 

SWMacrae   

I had the same problem with one of my characters.  Killed all 50 of the small crabs with the spear gun, and then it went away.  Couldn't pick up another one to finish the quest.  I had to drop the quest and start over, making sure I killed at least one big crab with the spear gun.  For me, killing them without the spear gun didn't seem to count towards completion.

Sign in to follow this