Akuri

Various Incorrect Audio/Subtitles

Akuri   

I thought we should compile a list of incorrect audio and subtitle matches that we have found throughout Alpha testing.

o   Chapter 5: The Recovery

o   Dochun missing a speaking part "Hmm. Well, as I mentioned before, those from the Hong..."

o   Chapter 6: The Honorable Mayor

o   Namsoyoo narration and text error "I can't believe Dodan ran away. He's not always like this. Please, can you help him with this assignment? He must feel so embarrassed."

o   Chapter 10: South Anchor’s Away!

o   Bamboo Guard Yigan missing speaking part “A message from Bumbak. Poor guy. He barely escaped the Anhor when Wungsam woke up.”

o   Chapter 12: Deep in the Gloomdross

o   Bamboo Guard Wi Wonhong speech not consistent with text “They’ll be able to identify the victims faster than we can and they may know something about your Jinsoyun person. Make contact with Paso.”

o   Chapter 14: Drinking Problems

o   Old Man Cho says “Come here. Yes, I recognize Jinsoyun’s handiwork anywhere – she gave you the Mark of The Black Rose. How’d you get so unlucky to bump into her?”, but the text says “Ahh. You found the liquor. And vintage stock, too! It’s been so long. Come home to Papa!”

o   Missing audio for text “Good. Good! My mouth is watering already. When you get the food, bring it on over to Croaker Lagoon. My vacation home, ya know. Heehee!”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight

o   Old Man Cho says ““Ahh. You found the liquor. And vintage stock, too! It’s been so long. Come home to Papa!”, but the text says “Come here. Yes, I recognize Jinsoyun’s handiwork anywhere. She gave you the Mark of the Black Rose. How’d yfou get so unlucky to bump into her?”

Basically, Chapter 14 and 17's audio parts are switched around.

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Gunma the Starblade)

o    “I am Gunma, the Northern Starblade of Silverfrost Academy. I am also a member of the Cerulean Order. I think that’s enough about me”, but the text says “The story is roughly what you heard from Master Cho. I am Gunma. I am a member of the Silverfrost Clan, known for the Silverfrost Swordsmanship. Nice to meet you.”

o    “Master Cho covered most of the important information you need to know, but if you insist on more details, I can oblige”, but the text says “We are part of the Ruling Factions, and I’m a member of the Martial Alliance. The two Ruling Factions are the Martial Alliance and Chaotic Legion”

o    “We’ve been seeking the Four Guardians for years. Unfortunately, Mushin and Jiwan have long since passed away, and Iksuwan(?) is nowhere to be found”, but the text says “We came in search of the Four Guardians. But the Divine Blade and Mushin have already passed away, and Shinespark cannot be found. After going through the pits of hell, we finally arrive in search of your master…”

o   “Your Master Hong was our last hope, but we were too late. It is regrettable that your clan brothers and sisters were not strong enough to protect their Master from harm”, but the text says “But Jin Seoyeon had already come and gone. I heard you talking to Master Cho. I am very sorry for your master and your clan…”

§  On that note – Jin Seoyeon à Jinsoyun

o    “We were about to give up, and then Madun the Mistwalker had a vision – One of Master Hong’s pupils survived the attack. Madun prophesized that this Jyan would one day do battle with Jinsoyun, and the Dark Lord”, but the text says “When we were about to give up everything, Gam Madung had a vision that a pupil of Hong Seokgeun had survived. He prophesized that person to be the Chalice to go up against Jin Seoyeon and the Dark Lord.”

§  On that note – Hong Seokgeun à Hong Sokyun(?)

o   “His prophecy also stated that this pupil would come here in need of our help. And then we waited here for you to show up… Really took your time getting here, huh?” but the text says “The prophecy said that person would come here and be in need of our help. We took a risk and waited. That’s when you appeared, but…”

o   “I must admit, I have my doubts about your ability to follow in the footsteps of the Four Guardians. Blindly trusting a prophecy is just as bad as ignoring it completely”, but the text says “We need to test you to see if you are actually the Chalice, the one who can follow in the footsteps of the Four Guardians. We cannot just blindly trust the prophecy and hand over such an important mission as going up against with Jin Seoyeon, the Dark Lord’s underling.”

o   “We have prepared a series of tests for you in the following cavern. If you are indeed the Chosen One, you will pass. If you are not, then we shall seek out someone else, preferably someone who knows how to properly wield a blade”, but the text says “Stay behind us and follow us into the cavern. There you will find the test that we have prepared for you. If you are indeed the Chalice, you will pass, and if not… We will go in search of an alternative”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Cerulean Overlook Hansu)

o   Missing audio for text “The goal is simple. Defeat all enemies awaiting in the Gate before they kill you. Best of luck.”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Crimson Legion Sansu)

o   Missing audio for text “As with the previous gate, destroy all enemies you encounter before they destroy you. Do not disappoint us.”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Old Man Cho)

o   Missing audio for text “You made the right choice. Or, the wrong choice, who knows? Now hurry! Meet with the Eight Masters!”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Gunma the Starblade)

o   Missing audio “Anyway, let’s see what you’ve learned. Press the “K” key to see what skills you can improve. What skills you choose to train are up to you.”

o   "There is nothing more the Eight Masters can do for you. Your fate is in your hands. Master Cho can tell you more about the Martials’ secrets. Good fortune, Jyan”, while the text reads “There is nothing more we can do for you. It is up to you, now. Go meet with Master Cho to hear more about the Skill Book. I’ll see you around.”

o   Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight (Old Man Cho)

o   “So, feeling good? Feeling prepared? Did the Eight Masters do their thing? Good. Now, let me give you a couple tips.”

§  Text is missing “Feeling prepared?”

o   Missing audio for text “Pressing the “K” key will open your Martial Tome. There, you’ll see the paths to improve your skills or even learn new skills.” 

o   “The fact that you can string two attacks together and ride a Dragon Pulse is a miracle by itself. You must continue following the Way of Enlightenment to attain true mastery over the martial arts”

§  ”and ride a Dragon Pulse” is missing in audio

§  Audio says “Path of Enlightenment” instead of “Way of Enlightenment”

o   Chapter 18: Shroom to Grow (Warrior Oh Gukchun)

o   “Don’t freak out on me. Poisonous mushrooms are the best cure for corrupted Chi. Best way to treat a poison is with more poison. Really. It’s true. Look it up”

§  “It’s true” is missing in audio

o   Chapter 19: Unearthed Plot (Bamboo Guard Pundihay)

o   Missing audio for text “It has to be one of the caves. Yes, some place dank and cold for that rat to hide. I’ll send a guard to investigate Lakeside Cache to the south. You search the Plague Hollow, to the north.”

Edited by Akuri

Kounat   

I was working on this as well, nice compilation, these drove me crazy and really need to be fixed.

Might also be helpful if you added links to the original topics these were reported in, so that it's known which topics are included in the list. Also probably would be helpful to post a link to this topic in the topics that are included in the list.

Also, this might be a reasonable post to pin, to keep it down to a single topic, as I'd be amazed if you entered each of these individually in your bug tracker :D (I wouldn't be surprised if you entered these in waves though)

Edited by Orvid King

Malvolio   

I wish I had written them down but a good portion of the dialogue from the last quests (last quests for this region at least) Cutscenes at lvl 43+ the audio does not match the subtitle. I do not want to spoil anything but its just a simple text to audio comparison.

Invalid   

I'm not sure if this counts towards the bug/glitch you are talking about in this thread but the audio cues for enemies sometimes happen at random. If I'm floating through a zone, I would randomly hear "Try blocking this!" and I'm not even attacking and enemy nor is anyone else.