Sign in to follow this  
Adamaris

[Suggestion] Invulnerability Timer

Adamaris   

After killing a few people from the opposing faction and being killed myself I noticed something. Once you die you respawn where you died. (or get killed as you try and crawl away lol) I'd like to see an invulnerability timer because quite honestly its not nearly as exciting to spawn camp someone or be spawn camped by someone else. Maybe something as short as 10 seconds to 30 seconds? 

Fety   

After killing a few people from the opposing faction and being killed myself I noticed something. Once you die you respawn where you died. (or get killed as you try and crawl away lol) I'd like to see an invulnerability timer because quite honestly its not nearly as exciting to spawn camp someone or be spawn camped by someone else. Maybe something as short as 10 seconds to 30 seconds? 

I completely agree!. I was trying to turn in my Faction Dailies at first "Cinderlands" faction area and I was getting camped at the NPC. Every time i hit 4 to resurrect I would basically be dead before my screen even loaded. This is in my opinion unacceptable and rage inducing, I strongly believe that Invulnerability should be implemented on resurrecting, 30 sec at least to have time to turn in your quests. Also to prevent abuse of this, I would make the Invulnerability status goes away as soon as you hit someone/something to prevent being able to attack players while being in "invulnerability". Please make this happen NCsoft if not its going to be a bad start on having a "positive" community <3.  

while frustrating and i admit i dont understand the mech of it 100%, i disagree. the whole point of the pvp is not to allow u to do what u want. u get camped u take off ur uniform or get friends. hell they could just kill the NPC ur trying to talk to... what are u going to do then? this is a system that many games use and i dont see it changing. like i said, frustrating at times, but pretty much intended. if everythign was so easy to do no one would do it. besides what are u goign to do end game?

Fety   

while frustrating and i admit i dont understand the mech of it 100%, i disagree. the whole point of the pvp is not to allow u to do what u want. u get camped u take off ur uniform or get friends. hell they could just kill the NPC ur trying to talk to... what are u going to do then? this is a system that many games use and i dont see it changing. like i said, frustrating at times, but pretty much intended. if everythign was so easy to do no one would do it. besides what are u goign to do end game?

I completely agree with you. But misty at end game is fine cuss if you get killed you re-spawn in a "safe location" you can then choose to change chnl. and turn in your quests, same with Beach. And really to my knowledge the only places that don't have a "safe spot" or "base" is first 2 spots. Id say just figure something out for those first 2 locations, cuss i mean camping is never fun period... people doing it don't get anything out of it and do it just to troll or annoy. And if they really wanted to be jerks... you could choose to "give up" take of ur pvp costume, change channel... do quests all over again :(, and they'd changed chnl and camp you again there. We need less "troll" food in games please <3  

Kounat   

I don't think 5-10 seconds would be that bad of a safe time once you respawn so I'll support this.

As this is an optional quest that is also a PVP quest I would say that while frustrating it is the part of the spirit of the quest.

I get that the PVP system is designed specifically to have that sort of...tension that comes from having to watch your back, but a respawn timer (a modest one, like the 5-10 second timer suggested above) would be nice. Being forced to take off your faction uniform just to spawn in safely (even if not 'intended' to be this way) feels sort of...shameful? Silly? Something along those lines. Especially if you get ganked while you're filling out or accepting a quest. I can accept getting washed fifteen times over in open combat--that's my lack of skill at play. My problem comes from being killed in a situation where I'm literally unable to defend myself properly. Getting killed because my model loaded in before my screen did falls squarely into category two. That's just my two cents, though.

AALaguna   

but, you can just press 3 and spawn without your pvp dobok on... then put it back on when you're in a safe place if you want..

Adamaris   

I still say some sort of invuln timer would be nice to see. I did notice the other options there to res in with your undies etc but I mean eh 5-10 seconds wouldn't really hurt much I don't think. I definitely enjoy a good PvP session just like the next person but it just seems like this is something that would not take away from the game persay if it were to be implemented.

Selbina   

Honestly, just spawn with your pvp gear off and come back later to turn in quests.  If you want to fight to clear out the spawn point run away, change, and come back.

coldimor   

Just take off your uniform... Switch channels.. or come back at a later time... Or find some people to take them out..

Adamaris   

Honestly, just spawn with your pvp gear off and come back later to turn in quests.  If you want to fight to clear out the spawn point run away, change, and come back.

Thing is when I killed the guy who was hanging around in his PvP armor he wasn't at a quest giver and neither was I. We were simply PvPing. After a while I stopped killing him and we got to chatting and basically he was saying that he got a loading screen and that he hadn't even spawned in before I killed him. 

On my end it looks like he just standing there admitting to defeat but sure enough I got a loading screen once after PvPing with a person. And while its all fine and good to spawn in with my undies on, I'm actually wanting to PvP so why do that? I mean I get the suggestions mentioned here in the thread. Click 3 and get your shit together and go back in swinging, makes sense and if they don't implement one I'll do that. It just seems like I'm waving the white flag which in this case is the undergarments that you can spawn with lol.

Huin Gom   

So you want PvP, but you want it to be friendly and on your terms like some kind of 1800's gentlemanly duel?

Sign in to follow this