bug

Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

SoIaris   

The most important part is that the costumes should be account bound, so we can share them with our characters. But the extra items like dragon pouches and consumables should only be one time use. This problem could be easily solved by making the wardrobe account wide.

I truly hope NCSOFT changes this. I want all my characters to enjoy the benefit of being a master founder. At least in the costume department.

The most important part is that the costumes should be account bound, so we can share them with our characters. But the extra items like dragon pouches and consumables should only be one time use. This problem could be easily solved by making the wardrobe account wide.

I truly hope NCSOFT changes this. I want all my characters to enjoy the benefit of being a master founder. At least in the costume department.

The Dragon Pouches really shouldn't be one time use, there are so many other MMOs that give account wide inventory upgrades and there's no reason for NCSOFT to make them one time use (having to clean and rearange sometimes even discard good items just to pick up something I need more in a dungeon is really un-immersive), for the first reason of the 50 Dragon Pouches they would be giving to all our characters is still NOT EVEN 1/3 of what you need to unlock your full inventory, second reason being someone else has done some calculations and determined that only about 1000 or so players have bought the Master Pack which in comparison to the player base BnS will surely have once it is released is not nearly enough for this decision to be warranted. Now I wouldn't be against the idea of NCSOFT making an inventory expansion pack that was account-wide, but I really don't see any reason for them not to give us the 50 pouches on every character, they're stepping over dollars to save pennies. Think about it, so many more people would buy the Master Pack (including me) if they made the changes we're asking for that I think would outweigh the money they would lose. And above all else, it would help forge a positive relationship between the playerbase and the devs, and happy players are more likely to spend money on the game, which means happy devs, but I can't support a company whose business practices I don't agree with on a fundamental level. Below is the post I mentioned above.

These numbers are just estimates so bear with me. ^^;

The highest view count that I've seen during the BnS Livestream peaked around 4,000 when Jaesung was duking it out with NA and EU during CBT Three. Knowing this and for the sake of this argument, we'll say that the player base in CBT One thru Five caps at 6,000. We'll say that 2,000 of those players received their beta keys through Alienware/Stream Giveaways, 3,000 of those keys were purchased via Initiate and Disciple packs, and 1,000 of those keys were purchased through the Masters Founders pack. 

Keep in mind Founders Packs will stop selling when early access begins. So 1,000 of those players would be nothing compared to the sheer amount of players BnS will reach over time due to it's popularity. How much money would NCSoft really be losing if they gave away those Dragon Pouches to the 1,000 (maybe even halved based on the inevitable reality that a lot of those players will stop playing) that have the Master's pack? I can say they certainly wouldn't be losing much. I do agree that those very same players would be paying a bit less to expand their inventory than those who did not purchase the pack, but I doubt the loses would be so great that they couldn't make a request like this happen.

As for all the other items, it wouldn't hurt anyone in the slightest if NCSoft made the redeemable items character bound except for the Quick Draw and Transcendence costumes which will stay transferable in-between characters (the only good thing NCSoft did with the pack). There wouldn't be any exploits like making infinite hoards of items because players can't trade them and they can only use them for themselves. Based on this insanely large thread, giving this to the players would only help NCSoft keep their player base and promote company growth. 

It's unfortunate NCWest can't give use any news... poor guys don't have any say in being able to tell us anything. I'm almost positive this thread will come through on release though. They did say our voices were very strong after all!

Drumax   

I went through only a handful of pages & saw that most people if not all people here agree with OP. I do as well. I'm actually on the verge of refunding my founder pack & just settling with the lowest at best if not at all. Simply because there is no benefit for all characters. It's just a 125 dollar investment for a 1 time use. Sure you're helping out the Devs but they're barely giving anything back imo for the price they're asking for. From what I heard, they're just trying to suck out all the money they can get without pleasing the community. I came here thinking that the Devs would be as kind as the Devs from Warframe where they aim to please.

Edited by Drumax

For all people here complaining about costumes and prices and stuff:

If you buy every single item that is in the Master's Pack YOU WILL SPEND MORE THAN 250€. Do the maths. So, you can only get 2 costumes and a hat and a bag for one character, sure, right, it would be better if all 7 characters would have one pack for itself. Let me delete my char and get the founders again, and again, and again...

Let's have an ideia of the possible prices:

• 90 Day Premium Membership: In this case i'll shot for the 13.99€ each 30 days cus it's the normal price for premium accounts on online games, so: 13.99 x 3 = 41.97€, let's say 42€.
  • 2 Character Alteration Voucher, usualy this costs like 10€ each, so it will be 20€ total.
  • 5 Extra Character slots: more 10€ each more or less, give or take, so +50€.
  • 7200 NCOIN it's like 90€
  • 2 Costumes + 1 Head Costume: I believe the most cheap costume is 5€, so, the 2 costumes + head costs costs a minimum of 15€

Inside the Extended Booster Pack:

• 50 Dragon Pouches, I'm not sure but I think atm it's 10€ the pack of 20, so it's +25€.
  • And the other stuff... you get the point.

Final math: 42+50+90+25+15= 222€

Now add the other stuff from the pouch and the level 4 rank on premium boost and tell me how much it will take to get the 250€ total.

So... You prefer spend +250€ in the game at long terms instead of spend 113€ in one time?

Yeh... do that, it will be better for NCSoft. 

Sorry NCSoft if I screwed some of your tactics to earn more money but people don't know how to do 1st grade math, not my fault.

Edited by DanielColunas

Myrien   

It's not that difficult to change founder pack benefits to apply to all characters.

The alteration vouchers and character slots obviously remain as they are now.

The weapon skin can be automatically mailed to all new characters. It's just a cosmetic weapon skin not like that changes anything.

The costume is account bound already. Why not just make a copy automatically mailed to all new characters.

The 50 dragon pouches can be changed to 15-20 per new character. Character bound.

The consumables can be changed to some amount per new character. Character bound.

The Viridian and Cinderlands keys can probably be kept as a one off, and not a per character. Although it really wouldn't matter much if a character bound version is given to all new characters.

There it's done. Overall I think it costs ncsoft absolutely nothing. It would just make people happier.

Kira   

If you buy every single item that is in the Master's Pack YOU WILL SPEND MORE THAN 250€. Do the maths. So, you can only get 2 costumes and a hat and a bag for one character, sure, right, it would be better if all 7 characters would have one pack for itself. Let me delete my char and get the founders again, and again, and again...

• 90 Day Premium Membership: In this case i'll shot for the 13.99€ each 30 days cus it's the normal price for premium accounts on online games, so: 13.99 x 3 = 41.97€, let's say 42€.
  • 2 Character Alteration Voucher, usualy this costs like 10€ each, so it will be 20€ total.
  • 2 Costumes + 1 Head Costume: I believe the most cheap costume is 5€, so, the 2 costumes + head costs costs a minimum of 15€

• 50 Dragon Pouches, I'm not sure but I think atm it's 10€ the pack of 20, so it's +25€.

Now add the other stuff from the pouch and the level 4 rank on premium boost and tell me how much it will take to get the 250€ total.

So... You prefer spend +250€ in the game at long terms instead of spend 113€ in one time?

Sorry NCSoft if I screwed some of your tactics to earn more money but people don't know how to do 1st grade math, not my fault.

You clearly do not understand the value that most of the people here are placing on the costumes themselves so just going to copy what I said before...

Going to repeat myself again...  the value in the master pack for me is the costumes/titles/skins.  Even thought yes, the premium, Ncoin and pouches make up the monetary value of the pack, I would very likely not have bought it if those where the only bonuses because these are things that can also be bought AFTER release as well.

So to me personally the main value in the pack is the cosmetic items.  I do not care for the dragon pouches being once off, but I see no harm in making purely cosmetic items like the costumes once per character.  Being able to mail a costume between characters is nice but for anyone playing multiple characters this is a major annoyance.  Even during alpha and beta play I am switching between different characters several times a day.  Now if I want to wear the costume on each of these characters I can't, because mailing it back and forth several times a day is simply not feasible, it is a huge waste of time needing to return to a place from which I can send mail and similarly return to a place I can receive mail every single time on every single character, or needing to log onto one character to send mail before I can play on another character.  So in the end I am pretty much forced to pick which one I would rather wear it on.

I just can't understand the reasoning for this as it is a purely cosmetic item and will not effect anyone's game play in any way other than avoiding having to pointlessly keep mailing it back and forth between characters.

Edit: For some reason it quoted everything twice, fixed now. :P

Edited by Kira

Hi there,

I know a lot of you have weighed into this particular request and I just wanted to step in to let you know that we are hearing what everyone is saying and the suggestions that are being made. We have been and continue to discuss internally the comments of the community. Some suggestions are legally unfeasible (such as adjusting the number of consumables offered), while others have good points.

When we make our decision, please know that it wasn't a decision made in a vacuum and that we did listen to what the community said. You are not being ignored, and we appreciate all suggestions that come our way.

Aventa   

Well, it only took 32 pages, but we finally got the acknowledgement of them looking into it that we were asking for! Thank you for letting us no that were at least being heard, that does more than most people think and goes a long way in helping people feel a bit more welcome or at least less isolated lol. 

Hi there,

I know a lot of you have weighed into this particular request and I just wanted to step in to let you know that we are hearing what everyone is saying and the suggestions that are being made. We have been and continue to discuss internally the comments of the community. Some suggestions are legally unfeasible (such as adjusting the number of consumables offered), while others have good points.

When we make our decision, please know that it wasn't a decision made in a vacuum and that we did listen to what the community said. You are not being ignored, and we appreciate all suggestions that come our way.

Glad to see a NC post in here showing they heard the feedback. Hope you guys come to the right decision and help out us that are supporting the game. I would like these items on my Warlock when it gets released and i hope i am able to do this. Thank you NC!!

Nomisath   

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer!

If you finally make the master pack's perks account wide, I'll certainly buy it.

Otherwise, I'll stay F2P or at best, buy the standard pack.

VRock   

:D Finally a answer from Blade&Soul team.

Hi there,

But why taking so long to make a decision?
This post was created at 10 October 2015. Blade&Soul team already know the outcome of new decision. If you say it will stay as it is some people will refund the master pack, If you change something to the better more people will buy the pack.
Well, definitely i will not refund my pack but i would love some changes on it.
Edited by VRock

Hi there,

Thank you for the update.

I wouldn't refund my master pack as I knew exactly what I was getting when I got it. I already knew we were getting 2 outfits that can be passed around and a one time use weapon skin. 

However, it would be nice if you guys made it so we can redeem the outfits on each character, it'd make it nicer to get more use out of them.  It's just not a deal-breaker for me.

Hi there,

Forgive me for being constructive in my criticism, but could any of you offer some guidence in what you can do? It is easier to give suggestions if we know which boundaries to stay within.

If we assume nothing can be removed from sold packs (legally bound by agreements from before). And we assume you are not going to get Korean developers to program stuff over christmas until launch. So it is mainly increasing rewards or adjusting the traits of the rewards? (Like account bound, same amount for all characters, and that kind of stuff)

Yamyatos   

Sure you're helping out the Devs but they're barely giving anything back imo for the price they're asking for. 

Well, that's not fair. You are getting 3 months of sub and 90€ worth of ncoin, which alone most likely is worth more than what you paid.

I kinda feel like this thread is going the "mimimi" - Route where facts get lost and posts are made for the sole reason supporting each other to gain goods.

Dont get me wrong. I agree. The costumes should be there for every character - it's a nobrainer since we can manually send them to our characters anyway. It's just not convenient and when we should be able to expect a thing form being founder, then that's convenience. The weapon... i personally dont understand their reason for it being a one-time use. As many others (including me) have shown in earlier posts, the amount of people who will own this weapon will be tiny, the amount of people who wear this weapon will approach zero. If they definitely have to make the weapon characterbound, the best compromis would be to just give us infinite on this one character. The thing that annoys me most about the weapon is actually it's completely lost - forever, if i decide to chance my weapon once in my life. That will result in noone actually using it..

These are the two point that, in my opinion, we shouldnt even have to discuss about. They are nobrainers. 

The other stuff, THAT's where we should have a discussion about. Dragon pouches and the other goodies. These are not obvious. I would like to have them on every character, it would be a lot of convenience and make life more easy, but they are no must have and i could understand their reasons for not giving them to us on every character. But opinions will be all over the place on this topic... most likely - and that's what a forum is for. For the dev's to see what the community wants. We shouldnt have to repeat that we want costume and weapon on all characters. They know it, and they should at least answer.

On the other hand, as i wrote above, i have the feeling that this thread is becoming a wannabe-threat. "I wanted to buy one, but i didnt..", "i just refunded", "If you dont change this, i will refund", "If you dont change this and that, i will play another company", "Look... the other companies that want to take my money will be happy". It honestly... does feel pretty childish. Sure most or at least some of them really mean it. Some of them most likely are exaggerating and wont do what they wrote anway. And in the end, the people who refunded, in 90% of the cases, will get the founders pack again if nothing gets changed. It's really mostly a threat without consequences for them - or at least it feels that way. 

I wouldnt want to reply to such a thread and i`m sure they also didnt want to. Or have any of you seen any replies? (Funny that i had this tab open for a while and they answered just when i wrote this :P) 

Accepting hate-replies in 3..2..1.. here we go.

Edited by Yamyatos

GnatB   

:D Finally a answer from Blade&Soul team.

But why taking so long to make a decision?
This post was created at 10 October 2015. Blade&Soul team already know the outcome of new decision. 

First, Unclear they know the decision at this point.  That said, there may not be infrastructure for something as seemingly simple as sending an outfit in the mail to each character a founder creates.  They could be in discussion with the devs about seeing how long/feasible that will be to implement.  And one thing they almost certain would get in a *big* amount of legal/financial trouble for doing.  Saying each character will get the outfit and then failing to deliver that on release.  So they may actually be waiting to see if it gets working before announcing anything.

Paru   

After reading the posts on the founder pack, I agree it should be for all created characters, there wasn't any information provide that the founder pack was only for one character account bound or not. Kind of disappointed with this.

However, having the Dragon pouches bound to the character and not account bound is lame and that should be amended if nothing else is done.  

Nogueira   

Hi there,

Because of this silence and lack of answers I refunded 4 master packs, from my 2 sons, mine and my wife's one.

Because of this silence and lack of answers I refunded 4 master packs, from my 2 sons, mine and my wife's one.

A bit of a over reaction in my eyes but ok... it's a choice.\

I agree parts of the master pack should be account wide the clothing and the extra's like booster pack, although I would understand that the booster pack would not be account wide.

This should not be a hard thing to do and NCsoft could have seen this coming that special customs should be account wide it not like they are P2W stuff.

And people love to show that they supported the game from the Alpha and Beta stages on all the characters they play.

I been in at least 3 MMO beta's in all I got titles and stuff to show that I did on each character I used, hell even in WoW I have account width stuff from anniversaries.

Anyways I hope that at least the costumes go account wide, and I admit... would I have known about not being account wide... would not gone higher then the Disciple pack. 

Drumax   

I'm not sure if people are asking for everything to be transferred to each character (that's not what I got out of this thread so far) but I personally believe that people are just asking for the cosemtic aspects of the bundle to be applied to each character on the single account because it doesn't make sense to make it just with 1 character & done. The rest of the stuff NCoins, membership, etc. should only be per account when the costume is per character. It's one thing to put a price on cosmetic items that will be on the market but to limit costumes that won't be released anymore to just a single character isn't exactly fair. If this is the case, I plan on saving the bundle til Warlock is released so that I can use it on that.

It's not that difficult to change founder pack benefits to apply to all characters.

The alteration vouchers and character slots obviously remain as they are now.

The weapon skin can be automatically mailed to all new characters. It's just a cosmetic weapon skin not like that changes anything.

The costume is account bound already. Why not just make a copy automatically mailed to all new characters.

The 50 dragon pouches can be changed to 15-20 per new character. Character bound.

The consumables can be changed to some amount per new character. Character bound.

The Viridian and Cinderlands keys can probably be kept as a one off, and not a per character. Although it really wouldn't matter much if a character bound version is given to all new characters.

There it's done. Overall I think it costs ncsoft absolutely nothing. It would just make people happier.

I disagree with this that follows because it wouldn't be right for each character to still get 15-20 dragon pouches even if they're character bound. I stick with my first comment here, 1 time per account for anything NOT cosmetic.

Naunet   

Some suggestions are legally unfeasible (such as adjusting the number of consumables offered), while others have good points.

This phrase has me really confused. What legal ramifications could there possibly be in adjusting how one distributes the dragon pouches? xD

At least they finally said something... I still doubt they'll actually do anything before release, though, unless everyone requests a refund en masse.

Myrien   

This phrase has me really confused. What legal ramifications could there possibly be in adjusting how one distributes the dragon pouches? xD

At least they finally said something... I still doubt they'll actually do anything before release, though, unless everyone requests a refund en masse.

They could just offer people the choice of keeping the original packs or opt for a different multi-character version.

Honestly though it doesn't matter to me one way or another. As someone else already pointed out the master pack is still a good deal, if you plan on playing B&S for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if they simply don't have the technical capability to add additional options for founders packs, with the time remaining.

Edited by Myrien

After reading the posts on the founder pack, I agree it should be for all created characters, there wasn't any information provide that the founder pack was only for one character account bound or not. Kind of disappointed with this.

However, having the Dragon pouches bound to the character and not account bound is lame and that should be amended if nothing else is done.  

I would be completely fine with them just doing this, because as it stands you can't even distribute the pouches between your characters and that's stupid, character bound is fine for the pouches you get ingame through quests and such, but for the pouches you get from the Master Pack, and the pouches that you BUY from the cash shop should be account bound not character bound.

Malvolio   

On the plus side they are very quick and professional with the Refund I got my refund processed and in paypal within the same day on a weekend, was impressed. 

KJOtaku   

Hi there,

Woof, 32 pages of silence and then this.  So what I'm getting from this line "Some suggestions are legally unfeasible (such as adjusting the number of consumables offered), while others have good points" is that there is an agreement with the original BnS team about what can be given out.  Now I don't know who has been asking for more pots and stuff but the major topic here is.the.costumes.  Or as the Hipster players call them Dobok.  There should be a costume in the mail on every character as soon as it enters the tutorial zone. Now if there's a problem with the Dragon Pouches and stuff then you probably should made them not character bound so that way they could be spread to new characters and it wouldn't interrupt Store Sales.  But foremost you should have said right.at.the.beginning that  the founder reward was for a single character if that was your intent.  I have only bought one founder pack previously and that was for the Neverwinter MMO and their founder reward shows up on each character you make, you walk up to the founder vendor and right click the bag and you get it. Simple, easy and not even available in the tutorial zone.  But their rewards were more than just consumables and cosmetics, this is just purely cosmetics and bag space.  The character slots are account based so that won't be impacted by the deletion of a character, same goes for the character rework coupons.  But if you intend to limit the costumes, weapon skins and "consumables" to just a single character, then you're doing it wrong, that's not how I have seen it personally (one time is not much of a list but it's what i got) and judging from the 33+ pages on this thread its not how other people have seen it either.  You have probably lost 20% of the original master founder pack orders just from your silence, and if you were to flat out say one character per pack then you would probably lose over half because it just wouldn't be worth it.  If the plan is to be silent until there is no chance for refunds then congrats NCSoft is on the same level as EA and Konomi.

Edited by KJOtaku