bug

Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

GnatB   

I guess we can can give up on this :\ 

I'm not sure about giving up, but I'd argue the fact that they haven't said anything could be a good thing.  There are (strangely) legal/accounting/tax reasons why they wouldn't be able to say they are adding stuff in the future to what they are selling now.  But they are perfectly free to talk about stuff that is remaining as-is.

I'm not sure about giving up, but I'd argue the fact that they haven't said anything could be a good thing.  There are (strangely) legal/accounting/tax reasons why they wouldn't be able to say they are adding stuff in the future to what they are selling now.  But they are perfectly free to talk about stuff that is remaining as-is.

Hopefully this is a good sign and not just that they are too busy to bother reading :)

I am out had enough of the forums too much toxicity and I HOPE someone gets a decent wiki running so I can avoid this forums after the game launches (no this isn't a about you BTW GnatB)

KJOtaku   

Has there been any yellow post on this thread at all to confirm or deny if this will be on all toons?  I mean 28 pages long and no response would be a pretty big case of neglect on the forum mods.  I didn't read through all 28 pages, did they even say they would look into it?

Mikeyeli   

28 pages and all it would have taken was one official post to make so many people happy. Even if it was a "We're thinking about it" or as simple as "It's set and not changing" would have been something other than COMPLETELY ignoring paying or potential paying customers.

If they ever say something in the likes of: "It's set and not changing", some people will ask for a refund immediately, my guess is theyre just trying to avoid this until after launch when its impossible to ask for refunds. Idk call me paranoid.

Edited by Mikeyeli

N3ph1lim   

This. Honestly if I spend $129 for the master pack, I expect to be able to use it to all my characters within the account. Let's face it, this game will encourage you to have alts.

Edited by N3ph1lim

Agreed, not only the fact should it not be limited to one character.. but it's extremely annoying when the outfits in the cash shop items are limited to 1 char too, then you gotta pay approx 10$ for almost every outfit, for every character. I'm only being biased in this sense that I am comparing it to GW2 where if you buy the pack they have, every character can claim it in their mail for limited amount of time, and if you buy the cash shop outfit, then EVERY char can have it too. The issue with my statement is the wardrobe system simply because it does not include some outfits, and some outfits can't be worn by other classes / sex. haha felt like i could throw that in this discussion. Similar to what @keelzyou was saying. They do this feature in elsword w/ the bank system, extremely helpful and convenient. Talk to the bank NPC, select character, and it'll open up their bank for you.

VRock   

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143389-avoiding-p2w/#entry1450091

Only the tab with the Premium icon on it is restricted to Premium Members.  The other current tab and additional tabs we will add in the future for event item redemption, Naryu coin redemption, etc. will be available to all players.

Hongmoon Coin can be earned by combining Venture Tokens and Dragonstones as well as selling gold on the Currency Exchange.  Both of these methods are available to all players, but Premium Members will receive additional Hongmoon Coins as you can see from the link in dustmade's post.

Please, tell me that additional tab will be to redeem master pack weapon and the costumes!  :D

Bumping, we need to keep this going.

Also, I was planning on buying the Master Pack but because of this I am not. Boom, NCSOFT just lost $100, $125 if I ask for a refund on my initiate pack. I propose that everyone who has bought a founder's pack (whether it be initiate, disciple, or master) ask for a refund at the end of the last beta weekend if NCSOFT doesn't publicly address this issue. I think that's the only way we can make it clear to them how much this actually means to us.

Thanks for reading.

you fellas saying you want to refund your master packs are funny...considering the master pack already has a ridiculously good value for its price that actually gives you over and above the amount you paid for it...but yeah go ahead and refund it because Ncsoft greedy. Even more funny are the people proposing a mass refund... Lol.

Back on topic, while it would be nice if costumes and weapon skins crossed over characters, I have to reiterate just how insane an offer the master pack is, it literally pays for itself, it doesn't have to offer anything more than what it already has to be worth your money. I've seen game companies charge $300+ for their highest pack never have they ever paid for themselves. Ask yourselves this, would you be more happy if the master pack was 150-200 but allowed you to redeem the costumes and weapon skins on all characters? (People who want the trade pouches on all char are just dumb...)

Perhaps I've just spent too much on games from Aeria or Perfect world but everything from Ncsoft so far has been miles better than the stuff I went through with other publishers. Maybe for people who arent used to playing other western ported games haven't developed a tolerance to BS? IDK

Edited by shawnzzzz

I agree the Master pack is insanely well price for the value it has. The costume pieces being given to all characters would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

I don't see the in ever buying more then 1 costume for any 1 toon anyway so the Wardrobe not being cross account isn't a deal breaker either. Actually so far the costume I like the most is purchasable with in game currency.

Kira   

you fellas saying you want to refund your master packs are funny...considering the master pack already has a ridiculously good value for its price that actually gives you over and above the amount you paid for it...but yeah go ahead and refund it because Ncsoft greedy. Even more funny are the people proposing a mass refund... Lol.

Back on topic, while it would be nice if costumes and weapon skins crossed over characters, I have to reiterate just how insane an offer the master pack is, it literally pays for itself, it doesn't have to offer anything more than what it already has to be worth your money. I've seen game companies charge $300+ for their highest pack never have they ever paid for themselves. Ask yourselves this, would you be more happy if the master pack was 150-200 but allowed you to redeem the costumes and weapon skins on all characters? (People who want the trade pouches on all char are just dumb...)

Perhaps I've just spent too much on games from Aeria or Perfect world but everything from Ncsoft so far has been miles better than the stuff I went through with other publishers. Maybe for people who arent used to playing other western ported games haven't developed a tolerance to BS? IDK

I think I've mentioned something like this before, and I can't speak for everyone else, but personally the main reason I decided to go with the master pack is for the costumes/skins/titles.  I agree that the pack does pay for itself value wise, so if you do not care for the costumes then you can still be happy with the pack based on that, but Ncoin, premium time and even the dragon pouches are all things that can be obtained after release as well.  I'm not saying I am going to get a refund over it, but I also see no harm in making these purely cosmetic things available for all characters. Not only would it make a ton of people happy but it might even encourage more master pack sales.

I agree the Master pack is insanely well price for the value it has. The costume pieces being given to all characters would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

I don't see the in ever buying more then 1 costume for any 1 toon anyway so the Wardrobe not being cross account isn't a deal breaker either. Actually so far the costume I like the most is purchasable with in game currency.

It's not about buying more than 1 costume for one toon, it's about not being able to wear the founders pack costume on more than one toon at a time.  If someone has 8 characters and they think the costume looks good on all of them, they would literally need to log into one character just to mail it to another character before they can play on the character they want to play.  With multiple characters all having to share one single costume I am sure you can understand how this can quickly become frustrating and annoying.

Most of the people requesting this place a lot more value on the costumes and that is why it becomes a deal breaker to them.

Jem   

The current founder's pack weapons are such shit. Wish they actually glowed, or something.

Like these:

ay9HzwS.jpg

IpoF4Hv.jpg

nBoIACi.jpg

rvk8uz2.jpg

XEWS3hx.jpg

hpR4a0L.jpg

RT5bgwy.jpg

ILUAB4W.jpg

rZuMTqm.jpg

Edited by Xandra

Yeah but founders pack cosmetics have never been about being the coolest, their draw is being exclusive which makes sense they would want to save the fanciest cosmetics to sell in the shop. Making the best looking costume/weapon skins only obtainable in the founder packs would also upset players who can't afford it or come after. 

What about the people (like me) who are/were going to purchase this for the primary reason of the cosmetics and inventory space? I mean honestly, it's like a $124.99 cash shop bundle since the everything except the costume is one time use. Let's go deeper into some of this.

First let's talk about the cosmetics. Giving us the cosmetics (costumes, and weapon skins) on each new character (character bound ofc) doesn't make NCSOFT lose ANY money since they're things that you can't get any other way than purchasing a Founder's Pack, AND it gives us a way ingame for people to know that we are founders and supported this game in the beta.

Alright, now on to the Dragon Pouches, (don't care about the other consumables since you can easily get them ingame without spending real money) If we look back on some comments before this, there are people saying that giving 50 Dragon Pouches to every new char is "game breaking" or "people would just abuse it and dupe them" we see that the last line of your inventory costs 35 Dragon Pouches to unlock. That means that we can more than assume that 50 Dragon Pouches doesn't even cover HALF of what you need to max out your inventory. And about the claims about duping, literally all that needs to be done is make them character bound and many people have said this before me and yet people still complain about how people would dupe them, if you make them character bound YOU CAN'T DUPE THEM.

Alright to finish this up I'm just gonna leave some quotes from previous posts that aparently some people have forgotten about:

The OP: Many other games have this working without any problems.

Callinon: Someone who's willing to plop down a $125 pre-order on a free-to-play game is going to be one of your most dedicated players. This is a person who's going to be taking their time in your game pretty bloody seriously, and they're going to want the rest of their inventory unlocked. 

Someone else calculated that it'd take 114 pouches to fully unlock your inventory per character WITH the 50 that come from the founder's pack.

So that's 114 pouches x 8 character slots = 912 pouches needed to unlock your inventory on all the characters that come with that founder's pack. And that's WITH giving all those characters that 50 pouch startup. 912 pouches is 33,744 NCoins. Even if someone doesn't drop that all at once (because it's like $350), odds are they will over time and that's in addition to all the other things they're buying like time-limited costumes and brilliant keys.

There's just no good reason other than blind greed to NOT replicate the founder's pack items across all characters.

Meth: To people saying they are losing money, no. They aren't directly losing money by giving us more pouches, you are assuming that all of us would pay for the remainder outside of the masters pack. If it stays the way it is, where I'm essentially paying $125 for stuff on a single character, I would never buy more dragon pouches, costumes, anything. I probably would refund the master's pack and just go F2P on a character. Who needs character slots when you only get the stuff you paid for on one anyway? People look for value when purchasing games and since this game has no account-wide features it has some of the worst value I've ever seen in an MMO.

Pyuki: We really need to make it clear that this needs to be done! If there is enough feedback, they will reconsider it. At least that's what they always tell us. In the German community, we had a talk with the German Community Manager and I asked him about this issue. He said that we need to clearly tell them what we want and leave lots of feedback about our demand so the Community Managers have a basis to bring it up.

So please continue leaving your feedback, even if it's just something like "I agree". The more people we get to support this demand, the more they will reconsider giving out the items to every character!

That is all, thanks for reading.

Edited by Xepher101

What about the people (like me) who are/were going to purchase this for the primary reason of the cosmetics and inventory space? I mean honestly, it's like a $124.99 cash shop bundle since the everything except the costume is one time use. Let's go deeper into some of this.

Okay lets assume you derive no utility from anything other than cosmetics and inventory space, the 7200 Ncoins buys them both so $90 value, 3 months of premium membership offers reduced weapon skinning fees and extra HM coins as well as the wardrobe all of which affect cosmetics or saves you inventory space, 3x$15 = $45... $90+45 = $135>$125 there we go these two things alone go above what the pack costs already, not including the cost of the trade pouches since hey you only get them on one character. 

Edited by shawnzzzz

Naunet   

Okay lets assume you derive no utility from anything other than cosmetics and inventory space, the 7200 Ncoins buys them both so $90 value, 3 months of premium membership offers reduced weapon skinning fees and extra HM coins as well as the wardrobe all of which affect cosmetics or saves you inventory space, 3x$15 = $45... $90+45 = $135>$125 there we go these two things alone go above what the pack costs already, not including the cost of the trade pouches since hey you only get them on one character. 

Wardrobe only saves you inventory space so long as you continue subscribing. I am not willing to pay $15/month just for a wardrobe that should be standard.

Another standard is pre-order (in this case "founder's pack") rewards being permanent across all characters. Expecting BnS to meet certain standards is not unreasonable.

Wardrobe only saves you inventory space so long as you continue subscribing. I am not willing to pay $15/month just for a wardrobe that should be standard.

Another standard is pre-order (in this case "founder's pack") rewards being permanent across all characters. Expecting BnS to meet certain standards is not unreasonable.

We're talking about the value of the master pack, and you can't say that the 3 months of premium have no value simply because the wardrobe goes away once the 3 month period is over, you used it for 3 months therefore you got 3 months worth of value out of it. 

Aventa   

I think the reason people argue with this reasoning is because the values given are subjective according to NCsoft, it's not prices that have been tried and tested in a free market environment. The worth of the 7200Ncoins in this situation and the worth of membership is being touted by NCsoft themselves, the worth could just as easily be $400 or $10 if they say so. The problem is that in a market like this when people are expected to buy into something like this they need to feel like the worth matches the investment, if a majority of people don't see the equivalence between the price paid and what was received that someone is wrong in this situation, but is it the one investing money or the one claiming the worth of items that people are not in agreement with. People can say that the Ncoin and the membership alone pays for the pack, but if it doesn't feel that way, people are going to be dissatisfied. especially when the values used to justify the purchase are set by the sellers. It's like saying "Hey I'll sell you this chair for $500, it's worth that much because I say so and I can be trusted", worth is still not set in stone for a lot of things in the cash shops and if the consumers feel the cost does not match up with the product problems will arise. Equivalent exchange is expected at the very least, and in a case where people are expected to invest before the game has proven itself in an English market consumers often expect value to be attached to the risk they are taking as well, whether it is justified or not is debatable.

Honestly from the perspective of someone who has been playing for over 5 years on different servers $125 could be much better spent in the game outside of the pack. Most people have 3-4 characters not 7-8 and the main problem is inventory space, so spending all the excess on inventory unlocking would give you more bang for your buck, simply buying membership when you need to for storing outfits rather than 3 months consecutively when anything past the first month is unnecessary (pre 50 cap/mushin/legendary weapons, that is all it will take to cap accessories/weapons/bo pae/other various gold sinks). Nicer outfits than those offered by the master pack can be bought using hongmoon coins and skins later down the line are far more impressive than the one given in the master pack. The only true perk unique to the pack is the notion of exclusiveness, but that comes from outfits/skins/titles that are either only usable once, on the first character to claim them, or far out-shined by other options offered for free in the game. People will bend over backwards for a company they feel is doing right by them, but if people feel like they are being taken advantage of or manipulated support will dwindle and it will just breed conflict.

I think the reason people argue with this reasoning is because the values given are subjective according to NCsoft, it's not prices that have been tried and tested in a free market environment. The worth of the 7200Ncoins in this situation and the worth of membership is being touted by NCsoft themselves, the worth could just as easily be $400 or $10 if they say so. The problem is that in a market like this when people are expected to buy into something like this they need to feel like the worth matches the investment, if a majority of people don't see the equivalence between the price paid and what was received that someone is wrong in this situation, but is it the one investing money or the one claiming the worth of items that people are not in agreement with. People can say that the Ncoin and the membership alone pays for the pack, but if it doesn't feel that way, people are going to be dissatisfied. especially when the values used to justify the purchase are set by the sellers. It's like saying "Hey I'll sell you this chair for $500, it's worth that much because I say so and I can be trusted", worth is still not set in stone for a lot of things in the cash shops and if the consumers feel the cost does not match up with the product problems will arise. Equivalent exchange is expected at the very least, and in a case where people are expected to invest before the game has proven itself in an English market consumers often expect value to be attached to the risk they are taking as well, whether it is justified or not is debatable.

Honestly from the perspective of someone who has been playing for over 5 years on different servers $125 could be much better spent in the game outside of the pack. Most people have 3-4 characters not 7-8 and the main problem is inventory space, so spending all the excess on inventory unlocking would give you more bang for your buck, simply buying membership when you need to for storing outfits rather than 3 months consecutively when anything past the first month is unnecessary (pre 50 cap/mushin/legendary weapons, that is all it will take to cap accessories/weapons/bo pae/other various gold sinks). Nicer outfits than those offered by the master pack can be bought using hongmoon coins and skins later down the line are far more impressive than the one given in the master pack. The only true perk unique to the pack is the notion of exclusiveness, but that comes from outfits/skins/titles that are either only usable once, on the first character to claim them, or far out-shined by other options offered for free in the game. People will bend over backwards for a company they feel is doing right by them, but if people feel like they are being taken advantage of or manipulated support will dwindle and it will just breed conflict.

I get what you are saying about relative value but it stands that 7200 ncoins is worth whatever 7200 is going to buy you ingame, whether you get these from the pack or you buy them later with cash it's still going to have the exact same purchasing power in the context of the cash shop alone, the prices do not change or is there inflation or deflation of cash shop credits if we consider cash shop as the only market (ignoring gold exchange). The 3 months of premium may be valued differently by different people I agree but as I was responding to the poster who argued on behalf of players who purchased the master pack for cosmetics and inventory alone, it makes sense that they would value the premium at whatever it is going to cost per month since they get a lot of utility from the wardrobe and would likely pay for a subscription anyways. Edited by shawnzzzz