bug

Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

Lambda   

I agree with the following:

• Founder weapon skins should have one copy given to every character made on a founder account.

If I really want to I can scrap my hongmoon weapon if I find something more worthy of the skin by using it as an offering, but halfway through the game if I decide I would like to play a destroyer, I'm out of luck.

To the players that have not purchased a founders pack and are vehemently denying that the people that did should not get more than one copy [of the heavy metal skin] for whatever reason you purport to be valid, this does not concern you. Whether or not a weapon skin is given to someone who paid for it more than once has no bearing on you and certainly does not the affect the survivability of the game.

I can't care less about the permanence of the other features. They are for the most part consumable and I'm alright with that. If we need more consumables there's a hefty amount of ncoin in the packs to obtain them, so these boosts can be left as-is. It seems a bit silly for the Heavy metal skin to be only issued to -one- character, when the pack itself gives us five extra character slots, though; and I'd very much like to not have to worry about having to say goodbye to my skin if I decide to switch mains after applying it.

Can a flag be set on a founder account, so every time they create a new character it is mailed a character bound box with one weapon skin?

Edited by Lambda

Nihagi   

you are compairing the value of the pack with the prices of items/NCoin that NCSoft dictates themselves.

I'm actually comparing the amount of NCoins you get VS the price you pay for founders. (an already established price VS Virtual currency price)

And then having played the Chinese version I know that the premium points aren't hanging on the trees.

It will be costly regardless of the price to get max premium level, so getting lvl 4 out the gate is welcoming.

Now, I'm the type who can throw money after simply the beta access.

so any thing that outweighs the the price in real value and not just my personal values is a big +

So yes we can agree that my view on this is different from a new players view.

Also looking forward to the final pricing of items in the cash shop :)

Ren36   

Wow, was there actually any arguement that wasn´t stated in the previous 22 pages?

Lawless   

There is no reason why purely cosmetic vanity items cannot be given to each character created on an account basis, they should just be account locked so they are not tradeable or sellable. A lot of games have this, Guild Wars 2 does it with their Zenith weapon skins, and you can always request the skin again and again, reapply it and overwrite it with something else and reapply it as much as you want. The weapons they are applied to are account bound or become account bound so you can't trade them or sell them. It is a long established convention in many MMO's and there is absolutely no reason from a technical point of view why this cannot be done. Only reason I can think of is if they set up their technical backend in a way that does not allow this safely, but honestly that's just faulty programming on their part and needs to be addressed before launch. From a monetization point of view this does not affect any of their other structures and items in store because only founders have access to them, which they should since they paid for it, they can always release other items and sell those and we will buy them if we like them.

There is no reason why they need to adjust their prices or anything else because of this change, it only relates to one simple vanity item, which in no sensible reality has any major impact on an entire monetization structure, don't be fooled, this is a no brainer. The only way this game will survive is through support of a community, they keep the community happy, we'll keep buying their stuff and whatever new content vanity or otherwise they release onto the market. Having a founder weaponskin won't in anyway impact my decision to buy another weaponskin or another one after that if I grow bored with my current look, which I always will because we're regular consumers. Add some cool weapon effect to it that the founder one doesn't have and hell I'll buy it, because I always love eyecandy. Only reason we'll stop buying is when they stop releasing content, the game combat system is more than solid and offers a good foundation to further add expansion to, new areas, new skill trees whatever.

I still think the vanity items from the founder's pack should be available to EVERY new character .. IT is the only way to get them anyway (or supposedly)

You can't do the same with all other items though as this would be insane

As someone else said the other option is to have an account bank that can hold some of these items to allow to transfers though this doesn't solve the issue ti the weapon skin

Demiosu   

I hope they will put some thought into the vanity items system :) 

I'm personally a bit sad that you can only use the weapon skin once, as soon as an expansion lets us hit lvl 50.. all the players that kept their weapon skin for a lvl 45 weapon are screwed anyway T.T .

Drezriel   

23 pages and still nothing... Also not trying to be "that guy" but just for comparison, Black Desert just released their pre-order bonuses and EVERY character gets the pre-order bonus items (weapon skin/costume). There's no reason that in 2015/2016, we should only be receiving these exclusive items on one character. I get you can mail the costume to other characters, but why? Why make us jump through hoops and why make a unique weapon skin that is a one time use on one character. I get that I'm paying 125 bucks for the entire package deal and there are good things that come with it, but mostly, you know we are paying that 125 to support the game and get those items that are unique to the master pack.

baksha   

I've played plenty of MMOs and I always get some sort of founder's pack type thing, and the rewards are always per character. This is the only MMO I've seen that gives you the rewards for a single character. TERA, GW2, both NCSoft, both give all rewards to every character. I think Aion had something like that too?

I read through a bunch of this thread but it's 23 pages, so yeah, not all of it. Sorry for repeating, but I want to say that I support the OP, and add my two cents.

I don't like how the costumes in general are locked in to a single character (most of the time? I'm still fuzzy on how that works, this is the first beta I was able to be in on), but given that that's how it works elsewhere in this game, if they make the founder's pack costumes account bound and let you mail them and wear them with multiple characters, that's okay, I guess. (I'd prefer an account-level bank or wardrobe, but this isn't the thread for that.) But the special weapon skin is only for one character? Really? For $125 I should have a special skin on every character, of every class I choose to play. It's a weapon skin, it doesn't alter gameplay and give me an advantage, but it does make me feel like I didn't overpay for that founder's pack.

I would think at least give the cosmetic stuff to each character, that seems fair given that's how basically every other MMO does it. The consumables aren't exactly game-altering, they help you get your new character leveled slightly faster than other people, that's all. I guess if they want to limit the Dragon Trade Pouches to a one-time deal to prevent people from going nuts on inventory space, sure. The rest is harmless to give out. OR, just make the items in the Booster Pack character bound and BOOM, you stop people from exploiting. Done. 

tl;dr

Best approach is to give each character the founder's pack stuff, no matter how many more characters a founder creates. This is how it's done basically everywhere else. Account-bind founder's gear if you're worried about exploits.

Brogg   

TERA, GW2, both NCSoft, both give all rewards to every character. I think Aion had something like that too?

Completely off topic, but:

I'm not sure where people got the mistaken idea that Tera is NCSoft.  Tera was created by Bluehole Studios, who were immediately sued by NCSoft for copyright infringement. NcSoft did everything it could to have Tera shut down.  They failed, but it wasn't from lack of trying.  So, no, Tera is not NCSoft!

Edited by Brogg

Vivien   

23 pages and still nothing... Also not trying to be "that guy" but just for comparison, Black Desert just released their pre-order bonuses and EVERY character gets the pre-order bonus items (weapon skin/costume). 

Oh my, if that's true...

I know BnS is not the first MMO to use Founder's Pack but BD actually took the freakin exact copy of the BnS's Founder's Pack page template not too long ago...xD

Players found out and they were posted up on forums/reddit and whatnot (you can find that here also when you dig up the lower depths).

So despite the silly slip up they did, according to this post, they're doing something else on top of that to please the player base by offering to make the Founder's Pack items to be account wide option available for all the characters you make.

Something that NCSoft's upperheads are still putting their heads together to decide whether to take the same step or not...(or they just don't give a *cricket*)

Still no official response, thinking process is too hard :c

Brogg   

23 pages and still nothing... Also not trying to be "that guy" but just for comparison, Black Desert just released their pre-order bonuses and EVERY character gets the pre-order bonus items (weapon skin/costume). 

From the Black Desert Founder Pack Faq:
  • +
    Do I get a unique costume for all available classes or only one costume for the character of my choice?

The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us, by pre-ordering the game. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class. 

Moral:  If they don't post a link or paste something that backs up their statement, then take it all with a grain of salt.

Edited by Brogg

Drezriel   

From the Black Desert Founder Pack Faq:
  • +
    Do I get a unique costume for all available classes or only one costume for the character of my choice?

The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us, by pre-ordering the game. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class. 

Moral:  If they don't post a link or paste something that backs up their statement, then take it all with a grain of salt.

Actually, they originally stated that they were going to make it for each character.  I've been an advocate for this game and what's going on in this thread.  They did update it and I stand corrected.  I have no problem admitting that.  Since they did change their stance on it, I will post in their forums as well.  As I've said in numerous posts in this thread, I'll gladly pay to support the games I play (BNS/BDO).  I will not however pay to support companies that care more about the money, than the health and longevity of a game.  I'm already on the fence about BDO as they've not clarified on a lot of things like the cash shop being P2W like it is overseas.

There's no reason in any NEW game coming out for all of the characters created to not receive the cosmetic accessories.  I could care less about the other stuff.  Regardless of what BDO is doing, NCSoft's own past games provided each character with all of the items.  So there is no excuse in my book.

Give people a chance to correct themselves before hopping in just to prove someone wrong and not add anything to the thread.

Edited by Drezriel

EasleyRR   

WoW! Thanks to the guy that started this topic, i didnt knew the reward from founder pack is for a single character, i was about to get founder to me and my brother, since we waiting this game for a long time already and we're loving it and decided to try CBT1&2 before buying it, and it's really a surprise to me the items from founder are limited to 1 character.

I agree with the suggestions on this topic, as stated by users above, just make all new character able to claim the goods included on founders, comsumables, titles, etc. and make it the items character bound and let all new char claim it.

Elleana   

Several people have already brought up this good point, so I'd like to just throw in my vote with them as well- the idea that ANY dobok we purchase for one character should apply to all of our characters. So not only pertaining to the founders pack doboks, but also any other doboks we may purchase in the cash shop. It seems too much to pay so much money for one dobok that we'd have to purchase all over again for another character. I understand the B&S team have to take into consideration their business model, and I do support the cash shop as a whole, but there should be some middle ground. With the fact that there are so many doboks available in the other servers, I cannot imagine anyone being able to own all of the doboks eventually when some of them are around $10 apiece, let alone if you had to purchase a duplicate set for another character. Unless of course you're filthy rich and want to throw thousands of dollars down for a digital wardrobe.

Mikeyeli   

Im just here to support the cause, I honestly was not expecting the weapon skin to be a one time use thing, It makes absolutely no sense, every other game(WoW, Swtor, Tera, Tera, Wildstar, etc...) I've played gives founder/pre-order goodies to every single character created. For $125 I was expecting this to be the case, its common sense really.

I'm honestly afraid that since Master's pack buyers are actually a Minority, theyre just going to ignore us, wait for the problem to go away, that's kind of the impression im getting, and thats just them giving the finger to their most loyal customers imo.

Lily   

I have Master Pack and i have no problem to buy from cash shop all the costumes, but the case is about our community and all players to enjoy this game as i do, I support this thread from the start and i ask BnS team to consider our request here to make the features of the the founder pack available for all chars we create.

This community will flourish on the majority of the people here not the minority.

Love u guys^^

Edited by Lily

VRock   

they really should give Titles, weapon skin/ costume available to all characters we create, is "okay" if they don't want to give the consumables like the dragon trade pouch because they want us to buy 164 dragon trade pouch x6 = $$$

People already made solution to weapon skin and costume(character bound when we create new char and with the cost of 0 copper so we can't sell)

baksha   

Completely off topic, but:

I'm not sure where people got the mistaken idea that Tera is NCSoft.  Tera was created by Bluehole Studios, who were immediately sued by NCSoft for copyright infringement. NcSoft did everything it could to have Tera shut down.  They failed, but it wasn't from lack of trying.  So, no, Tera is not NCSoft!

Ugh, yeah, you're right. Sorry, I should know this, I played the game after all. But the larger point still stands.

Edited by baksha

Aventa   

I am still a little at  a loss for words at the idea that they want to avoid giving the titles, weapon skins, etc to all the characters on the "account". They want to protect the exclusivity of the items as to bring importance to being a founder, sure that's great don't allow purchase of founder packs after launch and make those outfits/skins/titles exclusive to them...but... The problem arises with the fact that locking it on all the founders other characters does nothing but lock the founder account of all the benefits they paid for in the first place, does it not? I'm still a founder on the account, regardless of the character I'm playing on, at the same time I can only play on one of my characters are a given time, how is this effecting balance of any sort exactly or detrimental, persay?

From what I've read up until this point what is being asked for is primarily a quality of life increase added to a 125 dollar product, for the price being paid it does nothing sound like a particularly out of line request either. The founder is still the same person that purchased the founder pack and contributed to the launch of the game, regardless of the character they are currently playing, seeing the titles/skin/outfits on a low level character way later down the line of the game isn't something strange or even bad, it shows that there is someone who started the game in it's beginning stages and is still around having fun and trying new things even after it's been around for a bit. I just can't quite understand their rationale for their justifications on making the pack cosmetic skin/titles items to only one character and place a 1 time use restriction on the skin. One thing they could do, that takes place in the Korean, Japanese and Chinese version of the game is utilizing the event tab, there is a tab for event items, hongmoon items, etc. they can add a tab for master pack owners that sell a box that has the outfits/skins/access to titles for 1 copper or something and it can be tied only to owners of the master pack so it's not allowing all characters access to these outfits/skins/titles to damage exclusivity, only the people that paid specifically for those digital items would have access.

Currently, what is being implied by the founder packs is that your first character is a founder, been there since the beginning, but every character you make afterwards is somehow not. This is despite still being tied to the same account, somehow magically your status as a founder has been revoked from all future characters that the founder pack unlocked in the first place, doesn't matter if you purchased a founder pack on any other character because only the first character you created has access to, if by chance you didn't like and deleted/stopped playing the character those benefits are gone for good. Which is a problem that has already happened to some of the newer players that didn't know the commitment they were getting into when they collected their masterpack items from the mail. They should have read the details yes, but at the same time they should not be locked out of getting use of virtual goods they purchased due to a simple mistake that can and should have been expected and accounted for to begin with.

I've been playing this game on and off for about 5 years now, split between the Chinese and Japanese servers and on each one I have 3-5 max level characters for dailies/crafting, this game is big on alts, very big. It is not rare and even the most casual players had around this many characters to do their dailies/faction dailies/crafting and knowing how alt heavy this game is they still chose to make the rewards a one time use is a bit disconcerting.

TLDR: There is no real reason to limit getting the cosmetic items on each character tied to the account, it's a QoL upgrade and sadly the only thing the current system does is limit the ability for people that actually purchased the founder packs from accessing them, if the only person negatively impacted are the ones that bought the item, then is a fix like this really detrimental?...Wow...even my TLDRs are walls of text, I may be a little to deep into elaboration mode tonight.

P.S. I do know that outfits can be transferred, but I also know from experience that it is an extreme hassle to do so, especially with how often you are bouncing between characters for various reasons.

Edited by Aventa

baksha   

...if by chance you didn't like and deleted/stopped playing the character those benefits are gone for good. Which is a problem that has already happened to some of the newer players that didn't know the commitment they were getting into when they collected their masterpack items from the mail. They should have read the details yes, but at the same time they should not be locked out of getting use of virtual goods they purchased due to a simple mistake that can and should have been expected and accounted for to begin with.

Wait...if I opened my founders pack in beta, it's still used up once we go live? Or am I reading this wrong...?

NENO   

i agree with you! the founder pack should at least be all treatable and compatible for every class (looking at you weapon skin).

BigJ01   

Wait...if I opened my founders pack in beta, it's still used up once we go live? Or am I reading this wrong...?

No, everything from founders pack in the beta is just a test. You get all the stuff at release.

Everyone whos reading this should definitely like the original post so NCsoft can have an idea of how many people support it. This is honestly a great idea especially since plenty of other games already do it (FFXIV is one example) and you just get all the items in the mail on every new character. 

They can just make all the items special editions that are character bound if they are not anyways to prevent people from spamming new characters and then selling the stuff. Because honestly I'm definitely going to make more than 2 characters over the years and I'm sure most other people will too, especially if theres a new class. Not to mention I'd want all the titles/costumes/etc on every character just to be able to show that I'm a founder no matter which character I'm on.

All I really want to see every time I create a character is that bag with inventory expansion slots and keys. Also, if I can extract fabrics from the cowboy costume, that'd be great, cause I really think it sucks. I am sure that they will not do any of these though, since first means losing micro-transaction oportunities, and second means rage from people who don't pay a dime for the game, but still want to have same rights.