bug

Make Founder Pack rewards show up for every new character.

Senti   

+1.

While it is my own stupidity I always assumed that would be the case as it's the only option that really makes sense.

Phet   

Completely agree with all this.

Paying a ton of money to get some of the stuff ONLY for one character seems absurd. Thought it works like in example World of Warcraft so every character you have or a new one you create gets the "cool stuff and doges" in mail rather than only getting them for one character. And why can't you just have the wardrobe being account bound so if you want the same outfit on multiple characters you don't need to send them over mail or need to unequip them on another. Why does it matter if multiple characters use the same outfit? Gamebreaking? While some players like to play only one class and are fine with this, cool, good for you. But there are people who get bored of their class eventually and want to try other stuff, so having those cool master pack items on every character seems reasonable. 

Elleana   

And here's another thought. By purchasing the founders pack for the limited weapon skin/doboks, we're paying to be able to use them on our characters. The idea of limiting the weapon skin/dobok to one character rather than the entire account is counter intuitive for several reasons. First, it would be a nuisance to constantly mail the doboks back and forth between characters. Someone mentioned a workaround by creating a special tab of inventory that is accessible by all characters on the account. This is a good idea, and I've seen this in the old ragnarok online game that worked out nicely. However, I don't know how complicated this would be for the B&S team to code.

Second, the weapon skin should then also be allowed to be removed and transferred between the same account characters like the doboks. Because people raised a fair question- what if you create a character and later want to change to a different main? It would be easier for the B&S team to just have a system where the doboks AND the weapon skins are character bound and automatically appear in the new character's storage or gifted when created. That would render the account mound shenanigans irrelevant. Make the doboks and weapon skins UNABLE to drop/sell/trade. That way you don't get a headache from people later saying they accidentally lost it and want it back.

Finally, I would understand if the weapon skins were character bound once and not removable IF those very same weapon skins could be later purchased for additional characters. But I do NOT think this is the intent of the developers.... because it's not like you can but multiple founders packs just so you can have the weapon skins for multiple characters on the same account. And also if it were their intent to limit the weapon skin to just on character, then why make the doboks exchangeable between characters on the same account. Why not limit the doboks as well? BECAUSE the intent was for the account holder to ENJOY the special doboks/weapon skins REGARDLESS of character selection. This leads me to believe that the issue is with the way the weapon skins are coded. (but i don't fully understand the weapon skin system) For instance, once you apply the weapon skin, can you take it off? If you can, then the same concept should apply as with the doboks where you can send it to other characters on the account. If not, then what if you wanted to see the original weapon details?

All in all, if the B&S team thought it through and wanted players to be able to use the doboks across all characters in their account. Therefore, they should NOT have a problem with just giving those doboks to every new character made in that account as long as they are BOUND to the Character. Also, what if you had the special dobok on one character and deleted that character before transferring....what then? would it be lost? that would make it more of a pain for the developers to individually address the issue should they want to provide the account with another one.

And while we're getting creative here, I know there's a system in the cash shop where if you have a special privilege like a premium member, you can get an item for free. Why not make the special doboks/weapon skins for the founders pack appear in the cash shop but restrict it from being redeemed only by those that purchased the master founders packs?

As for the consumable items, I can understand that they should be finite as, unlike the doboks and the weapon skin, the consumables will be for sale outside the special founders pack.

Thoughts?

Edited by Elleana

Pyuki   

As for the consumable items, I can understand that they should be finite as, unlike the doboks and the weapon skin, the consumables will be for sale outside the special founders pack.

Thoughts?

Here is my thought:

This argument should not apply since you can also buy costumes in the store. They look different, but have the exact same purpose as the ones in the Founder's Pack.

Or let's even say they made the Founder's Pack's costumes/weapon skin to be sold in the shop. Would you be satisfied with the current situation then?

It is a fact that every other MMO manages to give preorder/CE items to every character on the account, or at least a restricted number >1. So not only is it common on the market, it is also a thank you for the support the players who buy it give. You can't even calculate a real value of the pack since ONLY NCSoft can determine the value of the items. They decide how much NCoins and thereby the items in the pack are worth in EUR or USD.

It wouldn't hurt in any way if they also gave the consumables to all charactrs. In fact, it would encourage people to play an alt and maybe provide that character with more items from the shop, So it's a win/win - happy customers, happy money making.

bug   

Have we heard any new news on this? I too think that the Cosmetic Items should be account bound and not character bound. Truthfully, I feel as if any outfit purchased with NCoin should extend to every character on the account; y'know being that they're purely cosmetic. Actual consumables should stay a 1 time thing such as the item bag expansions and the potions etc. At the very least, If you can't give the costume to every character, then give me the ability to move the costumes from character to character across my account (With the exception of characters on different servers). I would really rather not have to purchase something twice because the age old "Account Storage" feature doesn't exist in this game. Just limit it to cosmetics. Same goes for the Titles, unless they add stats or what not. 

Edit: 

Nvm I'm being a Novice. I just read the FAQ again.

Question:

Are the costumes, accessory, and weapon skin in the Master Founder’s Pack available for all characters I create on my account?

Answer:

You can redeem your Founder’s Packs benefits only once, but all items included in the Founder’s Packs can be shared between all your characters on the same account. Note that in the case of the Weapon Skin and consumable items , these can only be used once so choose wisely which character to use them on.

Now my only question is an enthusiastic and spritely "How I do dis??". Sorry for mercilessly beating the dead horse. 22 pages of bickering is a bit daunting to read.

The FAQ may state it, but it does not make things right.

The right thing would be to please the customers. They are not losing anything from making the founder pack items per character. I agree that not every character should get the keys or pouches(it would be nice, but they'd actually lose sales from this) but the costumes, weapon skins, and titles should come with every character.

Drakor   

LOL are you CRAZY ? Why would any game refund all of your items if you decide too delete a char and make a new one ? There are enough videos on Youtube showing each class gameplay with commontary. Also you get a voucher that lets you change you char looks with the top two founders packs and most likely they will add race and gender change vouchers in the future. You also really should know by a class discription what it will play like and know what type of class suits you best, caster ot melee.

Edited by Drakor

Sigmaar   

LOL are you CRAZY ? Why would any game refund all of your items if you decide too delete a char and make a new one ? There are enough videos on Youtube showing each class gameplay with commontary. Also you get a voucher that lets you change you char looks with the top two founders packs and most likely they will add race and gender change vouchers in the future. You also really should know by a class discription what it will play like and know what type of class suits you best, caster ot melee.

because most F2P MMO's that offer founders exclusive stuff that is purely cosmetic offer it account wide for every character ever created on the account. . .

Are you new to this genre??

Some people do not play just 1 char/class as main. Keep your personal choices out of this.

Another +1 for the topic.

Would be nice to have a wardrobe like GW2 one. 1 wardrobe for all your chars.

It shouldn't hinder sales as what fits one char/class most of the times doesn't on another.

Another example is the outfit from the first wheel of fate, do you really want to farm it to get it on your alt as well ?

On my first char got it on third try, on my 2nd char got it after 40 or so...such a PITA :D

Drakor   

Read the 1st Fracken post you bunch of morons he wants a refund of the items if he decides to delete a char he rolled because he decides he doesn't like it and has used the items on this char. Also all the Items are account wide in the sence you can use them for any char you make. You don't have too use them on the 1st char you make. Furthermore why the hell should NCsoft give all of these items too each and every char you make ? You are supposed to decide when you want too use them and furthermore the outfits are account bound so if you decide you like the look better on a certain char you can use them oo that char. Some of the items in the booster pack are tradeable and they tell you what is in this pack before hand so you can use it when you need too and you have Ncoin which you can use too buy more of these items. And F____ you don't have too buy a founder's pack you know so get a life and don't be such a baby.

Read the 1st Fracken post you bunch of morons he wants a refund of the items if he decides to delete a char he rolled because he decides he doesn't like it and has used the items on this char. Also all the Items are account wide in the sence you can use them for any char you make. You don't have too use them on the 1st char you make. Furthermore why the hell should NCsoft give all of these items too each and every char you make ? You are supposed to decide when you want too use them and furthermore the outfits are account bound so if you decide you like the look better on a certain char you can use them oo that char. Some of the items in the booster pack are tradeable and they tell you what is in this pack before hand so you can use it when you need too and you have Ncoin which you can use too buy more of these items. And F____ you don't have too buy a founder's pack you know so get a life and don't be such a baby.

Your point is exhaustive, polite and adds a lot to the conversation...and straight to the point.

/sarcasm

Maybe you didn't read most of the posts or understood what they actually meant (suggesting what we wanted to see generally ...not just for the founders and not just for the OP post).

P.S. and still my suggestion would fix that too....maybe you didn't play GW2 so you don't know how it works.

Edited by Shinonome

Kira   

Not sure why it seems so shocking to you as It's actually pretty standard in a lot of games for cosmetic items that are bound and do not affect the economy in any way.

Also watching a video is in no way the same as playing the character for yourself, plus the description can only tell you so much, trying out a class by playing it is the only way I really get a feel for it and I am sure there are others that feel the same. 

All that is void regardless because some people enjoy playing multiple characters.

Furthermore not all the classes are available at release, so if people have to wait for the class they want they can't even use the items in the mean time.

Pyuki   

I don't want to offend anyone, but it seems to me that the people complaining about the demand to get the Founder's Pack items on every charachter are either

a) players who are used to pay a lot for microtransactions in games already as it is the most common payment model in games  right now (which is shocking to me seeing how money-grubbing game companies have become) or

b) don't own the Master's PAck and are envious of the advantages or

c) are NCSoft employees.

Even if someone was OK with how it is handled now, it would simply benefit them if they changed it, so why would they complain?

It's almost like people think NCSoft will go bust because of that.

Edited by Pyuki

Drakor   

Okee lets have it your way and make it viable for each char you create, NCsoft raise the price of the packs too make them happy.

Nihagi   

People surely must have forgotten that you buy your way into Beta to support the game along with getting some small perks..
Now.. if you ask me.. you are currently given some freaking huge perks compared to what you pay..

I have absolutely no problem with the items being a 1 time redeem.
The clothing sadly got its inconveniences "mailing it to other chars is the only way to share it"

But honestly I want the game to survive rather than having a few consumables handed out to all my chars.

As for the weapon skin, I can see why people want it on all new chars created.
But then again I find it appealing to keep it as is, to make it a rare sight.

KJOtaku   

23 pages long, whew hope NCSoft is keeping an eye on this one.  When I bought the founders pack for Neverwinter Nights MMO I was able to get the founders package on each of my characters by going to the founder vendor and clicking the silly thing and believe you me that pack came with a lot better stuff than this one does, A weapon that didn't need replacing for over 18 levels, loot crate that had another loot crate in it each one able to be opened with you hit a certain level. and a level 40 purple weapon in a box that you could open when you hit max level.  The only thing this one is giving is cosmetics, a bunch of payable account services and some consumables, non of which can be given to other characters which the Master Founder pack is promoting you make at least 3 more of.  So ya, I'm all for have the cosmetics and the consumables be sent to every character you make, and the coupons for the character redesign and character slots should just be on the account.  If they have to make a founder NPC to one time sell those bags of consumables then so be it, call up Korea or China and tell em to throw it in Bamboo Village next the PVP bait reps.

Edited by KJOtaku

That's what these testings are for as well so you can make sure you make the right class at launch its understandable to an extent but they chose said guidelines for a reason just do the testing you have avilable find the right class that suites you

wait, what? you're implying the blade and soul player base will and only be those select few that played during the betas.

rocdog   

wait, what? you're implying the blade and soul player base will and only be those select few that played during the betas.

And everyone's gonna be a founder?  

Okay, then I don't wanna be a founder anymore.

Leggo   

It's silly not to agree with such a change. We are not asking for them to be tradable or anything. We can still mail the stuff to our other characters, so it won't make a huge difference, the only thing we can't share is that ugly wep, and im fine with that.   Making the founders pack things for all characters would be just a quality of life change, a matter of comfort.   I think making one of the bank tabs account wide would work much easier though, and easier to implement... And everyone would be happy not just founder pack buyers.

bug   

Come on man, don't put words into my mouth.

I never even said the word "refund".

I just want my founder pack goodies on another character if I choose to create one. Imagine you play FM or whatever to 45, then 50, and you think it's amazing and use all your items and skins. Then you go and find out warlock has been released and it's even better than FM. You realize that all your titles and weapon skins and costumes are still on your FM. So you have to log off, go back on fm, find a mail npc, mail the outfits to your new char, but it will never have the titles nor the weapon skin because that's used up.

Wouldn't you feel slightly better if you could just log onto your warlock for the first time and have everything available and ready to play? Wouldn't it be nice to have your founder pack titles and weapon skins on your new main?

I don't see why anyone would be against this.

I know you may not be like this, but many people love creating and playing multiple characters, sometimes at the same time(leveling a few chars throughout the day). Youtube videos don't let you experience and play every character yourself. A lot of people will not even go to youtube, and will just pick this game up and play it.

Pyuki   

People surely must have forgotten that you buy your way into Beta to support the game along with getting some small perks..

Now.. if you ask me.. you are currently given some freaking huge perks compared to what you pay..

I have absolutely no problem with the items being a 1 time redeem.

The clothing sadly got its inconveniences "mailing it to other chars is the only way to share it"

But honestly I want the game to survive rather than having a few consumables handed out to all my chars.

As for the weapon skin, I can see why people want it on all new chars created.

But then again I find it appealing to keep it as is, to make it a rare sight.

If you want the game to survive, NCWest has to adjust their prices/values to be reasonable and fair.

Like I said many times before: you are compairing the value of the pack with the prices of items/NCoin that NCSoft dictates themselves. This is ridicculous as you cannot see a true value - NCSoft is the only one on the market that can set those prices. Just show someone who does not play Blade&Soul yet, or does not even play online games, the Master's Pack without knowing ingame store prices or NCoin cost  - I bet he will have a totally different view on the given value.