Noxx

azerty keyboard frustrations

Noxx   

Hello,

Some European countries only use azerty keyboards, the game itself is preset in qwerty keyboard mode. When I just started the game I couldn't even start walking properly and had to adjust alot of keybinding like A<->Q and W<->Z switches, but when i tried, alot of "this keybinding is already in use" errors were given. I had to first swap "number 1" in functions and "left strafe" before i could even replace the keys required to just walk.

When I created a new character I had to go through this all over again, since the keybindings are character bound.

Long story short, this is frustrating at the beginning of a new game, consider an azerty keyboard mode?​​

pyopyo   

I had the exact same problem. It's pretty frustrating.

There are actually so few games that take AZERTY in consideration when you think about it. Pretty much every time you have to rebind a bunch of keys, but only very very rarely does a game recognize the keyboard itself.

Serati   

It has been like this for years so it`s unlikely to change but instead of suggesting an alternative mode for every keyboard layout in the world I`d prefer a simple "apply to all characters" option for the keybindings.

Azzurey   

I had an issue about that, u need to put all keybind to "None"  for all movement, same as "E" and "A" Skill "sidestep" , and u need to keybind it to Shift+Q and Shift+E and now u can bind your "ZQSD" and remove shift+Q/Shif+E to A and E :)

Best regard.

Akimitsu   

Or simply put your keybord on QWERTY, i'm EU and i put my keyboard on QWERTY, just lasy to reconfigure all keybinds. if you want write a quick ALT-MAJ to switch in AZERTY. At release date, i think the game will reconize the keyboard and modify keybinds by itself.

Edited by Akimitsu