Bolinho

Hard spikes - fps droping

I've got quite a beast..

standard 1080p monitor x2

gtx 980ti

i7 6700k

16 GB 2133MHz

I should be able to run this game well above 60 fps all the time but while my average fps lies around 100 when standing still i got alot of fps drops all over the place when i move around alot.. 

I can accept that the game is rendering something and will dip a bit in fps but down to 15-20 for a few seconds? thats really not acceptable. especially since i have it installed on an SSD.

I tried messing around with the settings but i really didnt see any differance in the fps. Im starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the loading bug they have. Everytime i go thru a loading screen my cursor leaves the blade and soul window and i need to alt tab out and in of the game to fix it. Only that is very annoying but seeing that some ppl got better fps when they raised max fps while tabbed out i think that it could be the source of the problem. I tried unplugging one of the monitors and restart the pc and all that but still got the same fps drops with only one monitor. I talked to others in game and they all said that they had this problem aswell were the mouse would leave the blade and soul window if you were to drag the cursor over the edge of the window. And it always happens after a loading screen, if you tab out and in again it wont happen untill after next loading screen.

I made sure i was in fullscreen mode so that wasnt the problem and it didnt make a differance if i switched to windowed mode and back to fullscreen.

Even if this is the source of the fps drops or not they should implement a better lock for the cursor so it doesnt go outside of the window because it has fked me over in pvp a few times already. I would be really happy to see this issue beeing gone at the time of launch!  :)

I was thinking of getting a 1440p monitor but seeing how bad the fps is atm i might just not do that right now  :unsure:

Had the same stutters all around when playing, but mostly noticeable in highly populated areas.

This really reminds me of TERA and how poorly it worked since launch, seeing how Blade and Soul uses the same Unreal Engine my greatest fear it that this will only get worse with time.

Hopefully NCSoft NA can check the other region clients (people played in KR and JP versions reported no fps stutters at all) and get something back from them to fix NA client by launch.

Kon   

Also I had fps drops and Sli didn't work at all.

i7 2600k

2x780ti

SSD

16GB 2133

2xMonitors 1080p

I would really like to see this game use sli it will be too bad for people with dual or more cards to not be able to play decent.

Also I had fps drops and Sli didn't work at all.

i7 2600k

2x780ti

SSD

16GB 2133

2xMonitors 1080p

I would really like to see this game use sli it will be too bad for people with dual or more cards to not be able to play decent.

I believe i heard somewhere that the engine blade and soul is running on doesnt support sli but i might be wrong.. i think they said something about it in one of the streams.

Arcteren   

I believe i heard somewhere that the engine blade and soul is running on doesnt support sli but i might be wrong.. i think they said something about it in one of the streams.

because the engine is old and low end graphics card do better than high end graphics card in blade and soul, it is really sad.

because the engine is old and low end graphics card do better than high end graphics card in blade and soul, it is really sad.

That is sad indeed.. i bought a 980ti for this game (overkill i know but i thought what the heck itll last longer) but im still not getting a good overall fps in the game.

Takara   

I'll add mine to this list

CPU: FX8350 @ 5.0GHz

RAM: 16MB

GPU: GTX 760ti

Am able to have constant 55-60fps on other BnS servers, but fps drops below 20 in several different instances in this server

I think it's safe to say that this is an OS issue at this point. All but one of you identified using windows 8 or higher as a commonality. Possibly a skylake optimization issue for our friend with the 6700K(didn't state his operating system). A 980ti should walk all over this game with no issues. It's got 70% more cuda cores than my card and near double the memory. Skylake optimizations will come with time, but for the rest of you, this is definitely something NCSoft will need to address.

This game locks at 92 FPS for me and stays there indefinitely no matter where I go or what I do.

I have Windows 7 Pro

4790K @4.8Ghz

16GB DDR3 @2400hmz

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970

Game is installed on Crucial M.2

Edit: I am playing at 1920x1080 at all max settings.

Edited by BrowncoatBlue

Kon   

Unreal engine 3 supports Sli native, plus if you use nvinspector there is an Sli profile for this game.

Xenovia   

I had clan members say a few things about FPS droping here and their for a few seconds then  back to normal again and for me   FPS highest ive seen for me is about 93-94  lowest   ive seen  30-40 but for me its never droped  below 30 FPS  during alpha test 1

Edited by Xenovia

I think it's safe to say that this is an OS issue at this point. All but one of you identified using windows 8 or higher as a commonality. Possibly a skylake optimization issue for our friend with the 6700K(didn't state his operating system). A 980ti should walk all over this game with no issues. It's got 70% more cuda cores than my card and near double the memory. Skylake optimizations will come with time, but for the rest of you, this is definitely something NCSoft will need to address.

This game locks at 92 FPS for me and stays there indefinitely no matter where I go or what I do.

I have Windows 7 Pro

4790K @4.8Ghz

16GB DDR3 @2400hmz

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970

Game is installed on Crucial M.2

This doesn't sound too far-fetched. Can anyone else who is running Windows 7 state their specs and how the game runs for them?

Sibercat   

All set to Max 1920x1080 all advanced graphics on, Runs buttery smooth at 60 FPS can go up to 100 FPS, the only problem I had where the strange texture popping, that is when the fps dropped to 0-5-10, i have to point out that it was installed on my mechanical HDD, I'll try on my SSD on the 2 alpha test.

Edited by Sibercat