Bolinho

Hard spikes - fps droping

Bolinho   

Hello guys!

Im facing a problem with hard spikes.

My FPS is droping drastically from 100 to 10 and then, less than 1 sec it back to 100. These spikes occurs every 5 seconds.

On Chinese Blade and Soul client, this issue does not happen.

My PC config:

i5 2500K

MSI P67A-GD80

Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600mhz

ASUS MARS GTX 760

Windows 8 64bit

I am having this issue as well, my specs are:

i7 4770k

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600mhz

EVGA GTX 980Ti

Windows 8 64-bit

Might be important to note that I run 3 monitors, the main one with the game is 1440p. I have the same FPS issues on the Taiwan client, but NOT the Japanese client.

pRogz   

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138074-alpha-us-getting-odd-fps-stutter/

Getting this as well,

I have a i7-4970k 4.0ghz

8gb RAM 1866

770 GTX 358.50 driver update

Windows 10 Home Edition

When I was searching online it looks like Blade and Soul does not work well with windows 8 and above? I wonder if a dev will post here about this? I asked people in game, and there are people running this on windows 10 just fine, so that isn't the problem.

I had MSI afterburner on and noticed that my "Frame buffer" keeps going up and down while playing the game, not sure if this help, but more information.
Edited by pRogz

Same here.

Specs:

Core i5 4690

GTX 970 with newest stable dirver

Edit: 16 GB 1600mhz

Windows 10 Pro

Edited by VitaJohnny

Heliscar   

Having the same Problem and the issue was the program wtfast that dropped my fps ...when i launch the game without it in the background no problem at all

Edited by Heliscar

Serati   

I`m having a similiar problem. Not as often so I can still play well but it`s annoying nonetheless.

Windows 7 64bit

i5-2500

gtx 970

8gb ram

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD

I`m assuming for me it might be because the game is streaming a lot of data from/to disk.

Can you guys also post whether or not you have played an Asian client or have it installed?

I currently also have the Taiwan client installed.

I turned off G-Sync on my monitor and see some improvements... not sure though, so if anyone else can test that, please do!

Sukina   

Just letting you guys know I had a similar problem with massive lag spikes and stuttering. I knew something wasn't right as I ran other versions flawlessly. So I ended up closing down Riva Tuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner while the game was still running then reloading them... the issue went away? was it just coincidence? I don't know. but it did seem strange that my spikes and constant freezing stopped once I did that :o

Rayjii   

had the same issue, i solved it by noticing that in the settings the background fps was limited to 20 by default! i changed it to 60 and now it runs smooth like a river!

Serati   

had the same issue, i solved it by noticing that in the settings the background fps was limited to 20 by default! i changed it to 60 and now it runs smooth like a river!

I don`t understand how the background FPS would affect the actual FPS but it really does seem to improve the situation a lot. I set both FPS settings to 120 now since it looks like vsync is always on, no matter if you check it or not.

My FPS rarely drops below 40 now and is usually around 80 :)

pRogz   

Just letting you guys know I had a similar problem with massive lag spikes and stuttering. I knew something wasn't right as I ran other versions flawlessly. So I ended up closing down Riva Tuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner while the game was still running then reloading them... the issue went away? was it just coincidence? I don't know. but it did seem strange that my spikes and constant freezing stopped once I did that :o

Wow, thanks, this fixed my problem. Holy cow. NCSoft needs to fix this, I ALWAYS RUN THESE PROGRAMS.

Trowicia   

Geforce GTX 970

Intel i7 4790k 4.0GHz

8GB Memory

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Windows 10

Game tanks terribly in terms of FPS usually in towns/villages with or without players.

Edited by Trowicia

Finrodi   

Also have FPS drops occasionally for no good reason.

i5-2500k

16GB DDR3-1600Mhz

GTX-970

Windows 8.1

Kazehito   

I notice the framerate drop when other players are loading, transitioning to other areas, or in a highly populated area.

i7 4970 4.4 Ghz

8GB 2300Mhz

Nvidia 970 4GB