Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyYeti

BSOD/Black Screen/System Reboot

Thought I should start a topic on this since it seems to be a common issue right now.

The NC Soft Launcher is causing BSOD or Black Screens with a system reboot that follows. Note that this is based on a Windows 10 64bit Machine.

A lot of people have speculated that it's your anti-virus software. This is not true in my case. What I did to fix it is after I've installed the full Blade and Soul Client, I uninstalled just the NCSoft launcher, and then redownloaded it from here: http://launcher.patcher.ncsoft.com/NC-Launcher/NC-LauncherSetup.exe

and once I tried Blade and Soul again everything worked as it should!

Hopefully this helps some of you guys out. I think there's some sort of issue with the NC Soft launcher packaged with the Alpha Client.

Necuja   

Wow glad to know this I'm using windows 10 64 bit haven't hadbissue but will deffinitely keep in mind

Yuki   

I tried this and it still didn't work ;-; Comp bsods "A problem has occurred.." and then restarts. Also at restart the NCLauncher prompt pops up and I press okay, and it gives me a small window saying "Invalid Argument!" by NCUpdateHelper.

:'{

Currently doing a file check/repair.

Edit: still doesn't work :'{

Edited by Yuki

Yuki   

Edit: Shit, sorry for double post

Edited by Yuki

Tenrai   

Didn't help for me. =(. The PC freezes right when the Blade and Soul image is about to pop up on screen or right after the game guard loads up. Either way have to do a hard reset on the PC.... been trying to find solutions few several hours now to no avail. =/ 

Tenrai   

This is also occurring on Windows 7 64bit. Haven't found a fix for it yet still looking around for one and trying everything suggested. From what I can tell it seems to be coming from their game guard. Hopefully NCSoft figures out whats wrong and gives us a fix. 

Azzurey   

Have u try to run the game without launcher directly ?

For me that was :

in cmd prompt:

"D:\Games\NCSOFT\BnS CBT\bin\client.exe" /launchbylauncher /sesskey /loginmode /SessKey:"" /CompanyID:"12" /ChannelGroupIndex:"-1"

As admin, or not.

PS: dont forget to change path of client for your own dir

Edited by Azzurey

Destiny   

The game crashes even after uninstalling my antivirus and the launcher always gives me E03001 , tried to uninstall and reinstall it and it still gives me the same problem.. I wonder if this is a alpha thing because I can run KR and CN version no problems.

Window 8 64bit

Edited by Destiny

Sign in to follow this