Hime

[Read First] Closed Beta FAQ

Hime   

Q: What is Closed Beta?

Closed Beta is the wide scale testing phase with the main goal of testing Blade & Soul's content in order to fulfill player expectation and needs as well as continue testing server performance and stability.

Q: When will Closed Beta access begin?

Closed Beta Weekend Schedule:

Weekend 1: Oct 29, 10am PDT - Nov 2, 10pm PST

Weekend 2: Nov 13, 10am PST - Nov 16, 10pm PST

Weekend 3: Nov 24, 10am PST - Nov 30, 10pm PST

Weekend 4: Dec 11, 10am PST - Dec 14, 10pm PST

Weekend 5: Dec 18, 10am PST - Dec 21, 10pm PST

Q: Who will be selected to access Closed Beta?

Those who purchased a Founder's Pack will have access to all remaining Closed Beta weekends. Those who have been invited to Closed beta through the Blade & Soul newsletter sign up, Closed Beta sign up and through partner giveaways will receive access only for the weekend they received their invitation.

Q: How will I know if I have been selected?

Closed Beta selectants will receive an email with the instructions on how to participate.

Q: How many players do you plan on inviting to the Closed Beta?

The number of players we invite will be based on our testing needs.

Q: If I buy a Founder’s Pack after the Closed Beta weekend starts, is there still a chance that I can get into that Closed Beta?

When you buy your Founder's Pack from the Blade & Soul website your account is automatically granted access to all remaining closed betas. If there is a Closed Beta test in progress when you purchase your pack, your NCSOFT account will be granted access to the test and will only need to download the client EU Character Copy for Closed Beta article for more information.

Q: I applied my Founder's Pack during Technical Alpha/Closed Beta. Will I still get my items during launch?

Yes, you can use your Founder's Pack items during Technical Alpha/Closed Beta and they will be available again at launch. 

Q: Where can I download the game?

Instructions on how to download the game, and other necessary information, will be emailed to you before the closed beta starts. You can also download the client by clicking this link.

Q: What are the specs required in order to play the Closed Beta client?

Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Dual Core / AMD Athlon 64X2

RAM: Windows XP: 2GB / Windows Vista, Windows 7: 3GB 

GPU: nVidia Geforce 8600GT / AMD Radeon HD4600

HDD: 22GB

OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32bit / 64bit)

DirectX 9.0c

Recommended Specifications:

CPU: Intel Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher

RAM: 4GB or higher

GPU: nVidia Geforce 8800GT / AMD Radeon HD4850 or higher

HDD: 22GB or higher

DirectX 9.0c

Q: Can I delete the old $patch$ folder within the BnS folder to free up some space on my harddrive?

Yes, this folder contains old patch data that can be removed. We are currently investigating this issue.

Q: Can I play this on Windows 10?

Yes, Blade & Soul currently runs on Windows 10.

Q: Can I play using a controller? (Xbox, etc.)

Yes, although gamepad support is still in the testing phase. The controller options become available in the Menu under General > Camera once a controller has been connected.

Q: Can I stream, create videos or post screenshots of the closed beta content?

Yes! There’s no non-disclosure agreement for the alpha and beta tests, so feel free to share your experiences!

Q: What languages does the Closed Beta support?

Only English will be available for the first few weekend testing phases.

Q: Where are the items that I should be getting for buying the Founder’s Pack (i.e. Costumes, skins)?

You will find those items in your in-game mail box.

Q: Am I spending real NCoin when I purchase items in the store?

No, the NCoin spent during the Technical Alpha and Closed Beta will not to be removed from your NCoin balance.

Q: Who can I contact if I have questions about Founder’s Packs or Closed Beta?

You can reach out to the community here on the forums but if you cannot find your answer, you can contact customer service at https://support.bladeandsoul.com.

Q: When will the game be released?

We have not announced a release date.

Q: Is this the final game?

No. Features such as the in-game shop, the final English text and other systems will not be finalized within the closed beta phase.

GAMEPLAY

Q: What is the level cap for Alpha/Beta?

Max level is 45.

Q: What is this Premium Membership benefit "Increase Attack Power by 4 and Additional Damage by 8"?

This is a display issue only, that is the actually the XP buff you get when you have an active Premium Membership. The description will be clarified in a later patch.

Q: How do I use the Dragon Pouch?

Dragon Pouch is used to expand your inventory. The first expansion is 1 Copper. The later expansions require a certain number of Dragon Pouches. Click on the next row of inventory to see how many Dragon Pouches you need to unlock.

Q: Can I use my Character Alteration Ticket?

This feature is not available during technical alpha or closed beta.

Fantastic! I know I see these questions pop up every so often on streams, in-game and even on Blade and Soul Dojo. Hopefully they will look at this <3

Kit   

so far server wise i have not experienced anything bad, no lag or anything, all feels well for me at least :P

Kitty   
No, the NCoin spent during the Technical Alpha and Closed Beta will not to be removed from your NCoin balance.

just to verify, so if I buy more NCoin (not NCoin giving from founders) and spend it most/all on the alpha/beta, I won't lose any of my actual NCoin right? I really want to get to Premium Membership rank 10.

Anrothan   

just to verify, so if I buy more NCoin (not NCoin giving from founders) and spend it most/all on the alpha/beta, I won't lose any of my actual NCoin right? I really want to get to Premium Membership rank 10.

Rank 10 you get by days of sub, not by buying Ncoin. Ncoin is just currency, but even if you are not sub, you can get rank 10. It is a time thing. Being sub just allows you to gain those stats, not to acquire. Those who bought founders got the lvl 4 since it was a perk. 

Shorsh   

Rank 10 you get by days of sub, not by buying Ncoin. Ncoin is just currency, but even if you are not sub, you can get rank 10. It is a time thing. Being sub just allows you to gain those stats, not to acquire. Those who bought founders got the lvl 4 since it was a perk. 

Wrong.... You get ranks by purchasing/using Ncoin... 

I was rank 4 as I claimed my pack during Alpha... and then I started spending Ncoin and each time I spent Ncoin my EXP for the next rank kept going up. I'm currently rank 5 almost 6

Hime   

just to verify, so if I buy more NCoin (not NCoin giving from founders) and spend it most/all on the alpha/beta, I won't lose any of my actual NCoin right?

You won't be able to get any more test NCoin except from the initial amount from the Founder's Pack. NCoin purchased from the website will not be applicable to Blade & Soul before launch.

Shy0   

q: i've been playing the alpha from the eu and have spent nearly all the test ncoin. will fresh ncoin be available for the eu beta (because i'll be starting new characters on the eu server)?

p.s. i've not had any problems with stability or the connection (aside from the expected high latency). there is occasional rubberbanding during sprinting or dashing in combat but we'll have to see if this happens on the eu server too.

Saruine   

So when the technical alpha starts will we get an email with the link to download the alpha? I know dumb question but I keep getting asked by my friend.

Edited by Saruine

Nabiryi   

q: i've been playing the alpha from the eu and have spent nearly all the test ncoin. will fresh ncoin be available for the eu beta (because i'll be starting new characters on the eu server)?

I imagine we'll still have all our NCoin for EU CBT. EU/ NA servers are completely separate so it wouldn't make much sense if the test coin we're using up on NA somehow applies to EU ;) , also if you look at your NCoin on your account page it hasn't gone down. However a quick confirmation from staff on this would be great!  :P

Enoll   

Now the real question that is bugging all European players, will you bother to transfer the database to the EU version when it comes out for the CBT on 24th Nov ? or to put it in a question:

Will I be able to play the same character from NA to EU on the CBT launch on 24th November?

Edited by Enoll

tucap   

Do invitees to the first alpha automatically get invited to the second alpha, or will we have to be invited again?

Lisbeth   

Awesome FAQ! Thanks Hime!

I've done some searches, and found a few answers, but none from any official source...

Any information on how 'Name Reservations' will be done?

It says in the Founder's Pack info "...secure your preferred character name before the Head Start period."

Before? How will we be doing this?

(Thanks in advance for any reply! ♥)

Edited by Lisbeth

Nabiryi   

Awesome FAQ! Thanks Hime!

I've done some searches, and found a few answers, but none from any official source...

Any information on how 'Name Reservations' will be done?

It says in the Founder's Pack info "...secure your preferred character name before the Head Start period."

Before? How will we be doing this?

(Thanks in advance for any reply! ♥)

I think they mentioned in a stream that the way name reservation will be done is they'll open up character creation, I'm assuming 1 or 2 slots depending on which founder pack you bought!  ;)

Lixika   

I think they mentioned in a stream that the way name reservation will be done is they'll open up character creation, I'm assuming 1 or 2 slots depending on which founder pack you bought!  ;)

Yup that's exactly how it'll be. You'll be able to create a character the day before head start, but you can't enter the world. And the quantity of characters you'll be able to create is specified by the founder pack you bought.

Cheers ~