Blade & Soul Championship Series 2017

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

Blade & Soul is excited to announce that North America and Europe will be participating in the Blade & Soul World Championship for the first time in 2017!

Regional Championships

The Championship Series for North America and for Europe will start very soon, and teams of 3 will join together to earn Fighting Points over the Championship period. Fighting Points are earned by the teams through in-game rankings (both 1v1 and 3v3), open events, and online tournaments. The teams with the most Fighting Points will be invited to compete in the Regional Championships, with the top teams moving on to represent their region in the World Championships.

More details on Fighting Points and how you can earn them will arrive shortly, when we’ll also open up team registration. You must be in a registered team in order to participate!

Eligibility

In order to compete in the Championship series for Blade & Soul, you need to register in a team and be a resident of the region your team registers in. Make sure you have at least one level 50 character on your account at the time registration opens. Also, you can only register to play in one team!

We’ll have more information on how to register, as well as the full rules of the Championship series soon.

Start building your team, brush up on your PvP-fu, and practice your tag technique as the West heads to the World Championships for Blade & Soul!

• Youmukon pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT

The Regional Championships are now over. Be sure to watch the North American and European teams battle it out in the World Championship located in South Korea!

FAQ

The Basics

Q: I'm in an area not considered "North America" or "Europe". Can I still register?

If you reside in Australia or New Zealand you can register in a North American team. If you reside in the Middle East or in Africa, you can register in an European team.
If you reside in Russia, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China, or any South East Asian territories, you cannot register for any western teams. Please check the Blade & Soul publisher for your region on how to participate in your home territory's competitions.

Q: What is a representative character?

A representative character is a character that is currently on your account that will be used to represent you. Consider your representative character name as your "gamertag"

Q: Can I change my representative character?

Currently you cannot change your representative character name. Please work with your Team Captain to ensure that character used for submitting the team nomination is the one you want to be known as!

Q: Do Fighting Points get earned only on my  representative character?

No. Fighting Points are earned on your highest ranked character on your account for each of the 1v1 and 3v3 ladders.

Q: Why is the end of Season Two  in the middle of the in-game rankings and how will you calculate the Fighting Points if the ladder doesn’t get reset?

We wanted to give enough time for the qualifying teams to prepare for the Regional Championships. We will be calculating Fighting Points on the rank of characters during the maintenance period.

Q: Will NCSOFT cover the cost of travel to tournaments?

Teams are responsible for their own travel arrangements for any tournaments that occur during the qualification period. NCSOFT will cover the travel costs for any teams that have qualified for the Regional Championships and for the World Championships. Players are still responsible for arranging their own travel documents, like passports and visas.

Q: What is the minimum age to participate?

You must be 18 years or older at the time of Team Registration.

Q: Other regions have other features in the game that impact PvP. When we will get these features?

We take into consideration any content and features that could have an affect on PvP when release schedules are determined. Be assured that we will give the players enough time to adjust to any changes that could affect their competitive play in the Regional Championships.

Substitutes
Q: Can I be a substitute for multiple teams?

No. Substitutes are there in case there are problems with team members being able to participate. We understand Real Life happens, and we want teams to adequately prepare. Since substitution can happen at any time during the Championship Period, we have to use the same rules as regular Team Members

Q: If I'm a substitute for a team, and my team makes it to Regional Championships/World Championships, can I also attend?

Yes, provided that you, as the substitute, have had a similar performance in the in-game rankings as your team members, and have earned Fighting Points in the in-game 1v1 and 3v3 rankings during both Season One and Season Two.

Team Registration
Q: Who can I nominate to be on my team?

You can only nominate accounts that are on your in-game friends list.

Q: I joined a team and it became registered, but I want to join a different team. Can I leave my registered team?

Yes, provided it is during the Registration Period. 

Q: I want to register my own team, but I keep getting directed to all the teams I've been nominated for.

You must decline all the nominations you have outstanding first before making a team.

Q: Why has my team disbanded?

There are a number of reasons a team disbands. First, a Team Captain may have chosen to disband the team. Second, both nominated players declined to be a part of the team before new nominations were submitted. Third: nominated players did not respond withn 48 hours of being nominated.

Q: Can I leave the team after the Registration Period has ended?

No, team compositions are confirmed at the end of the Registration Period. 

Q: We nominated a substitute but Team Registration has closed and I don't see the substitute. What happened? 

Since a substitute is optional, the team registration is not held up by the substitute's acceptance; however the substitute still needs to confirm that they have accepted the nomination to be a part of your team.

Q: Our team got registered but then one of the team members left. Can we still participate?

Yes, provided you find a replacement team member quickly! Any registered teams with fewer than 3 people (not including substitutes)  are disqualified automatically when the Registration Period ends. If your team has a substitute, we strongly recommend promoting the substitute to full Team Member to avoid disqualification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT
3 hours ago, KioneSnowPanthera said:

One Question, Friend and I are from EU but we play on America, we can still participate in european or we must be on european servers?

Hey there, if you wish to participate you need to be on the servers for your region. If you live in EU, you cannot participate in the NA region esports.

Q: i got a friend from Ukraine, he can partecipate in regionals with me? 
Tecnically it's in the geographic Europe's zone.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:05 PM, Liinxy said:

If you reside in Australia or New Zealand you can register in a North American team. If you reside in the Middle East or in Africa, you can register in an European team.
If you reside in Russia, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China, or any South East Asian territories, you cannot register for any western teams. Please check the Blade & Soul publisher for your region on how to participate in your home territory's competitions.

Thanks!

• NCSOFT

Hi there -  Ukraine is not a member state of the European Union and therefore is ineligible to participate in the EU Championships. I do believe, however, that Ukraine falls under the Russian Blade & Soul.

On 2017-06-05 at 11:53 PM, NC Elusive said:

Hi there -  Ukraine is not a member state of the European Union and therefore is ineligible to participate in the EU Championships. I do believe, however, that Ukraine falls under the Russian Blade & Soul.

Norway is not member of European Union yet they are still eligible to particiapate in eu  championship. So why is ukraine any difference? Ukraine is in Europe continent so why the excemption in tournament?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe#List_of_states_and_territories

yes it's a bit confusing as the FAQ says that you can register for EU region even from the Middle East and Africa.

Some clarification might be needed here.

• NCSOFT

NCSOFT has established a partnership with Innova to bring a Russian language version of Blade & Soul to the countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan. Players of Ukrainian residency will need to participate in the Innova-published version of Blade & Soul and their esports program.

• Liinxy unpinned this topic

Archived